[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
What do you think the next Signature series is for Halo? - Page 10 - Community

What do you think the next Signature series is for Halo?

Builds & Discussions
werepolarbear wrote:The Covenant's Lich gunship/dropship and the Tick the Covenants boarding craft.
It surprises me to keep seeing the Covenant Lich show up as vehicle MB collectors would like to see as a set. Anyone whom builds large sets or custom builds with any regularity must look at this vehicle and say, "Nope. Not practical or even possible to build this in bricks at anything beyond micro-fleet scale."

At 337 feet long, building a Lich at even 50% of proper scale would make it three feet long and both 18" wide and tall. My Mammoth rebuild was smaller than that and yet still used up the contents of four Mammoth Signature sets along with a ton of other spare parts to complete it. And all my prior points would be trumped by the act of figuring out how one would replicate all those big smooth organic curves in building bloks. UNSC (and even Forerunner) builds are generally pretty easy to replicate using blocks due to their straights lines and angles aesthetic. Curvy, smooth, organic looking Covenant surfaces not so much!

Now the Covenant Tick Boarding Craft idea certainly has some merit on the other hand. At least one custom builder has built one that turned out nicely and would have been about the right size and block count for Signature Series treatment. My only reservation would be that it was one of the more obscure Halo vehicles types.

In my opinion, if this Signature Series set is going to be the best, then we might as well go for the best. I'm, of course talking about the flagship of the UNSC...

The INFINITY.

Known as the most largest and most advanced warship to date in the UNSC's fleet, and currently the only one of the Infinity-class warship make, this behemoth stands at a length of 5,694.2 m, a width of 833.3 m, and a height of 1,041.2 m. This thing carries a massive amount of armaments, whether it's MAC cannons, missiles, etc. It even carries two Mammoths, hundreds of ground vehicles, about 17, 151 personnel, and even TEN Strident-class heavy frigates. Wow, does this carry A LOT?!

If assuming it does become a Signature Series set, I think the minifigures should be as followed: An updated Thomas Lasky and Sarah Palmer, Catherine Halsey, Master Chief, all of Fireteam Osiris (Locke, Buck, Tanaka, Vale), and six personnel (3 officers, 3 marines).

As for play features, of course, an armory, to arm up your figures (Perhaps 2-4 of each weapon: Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, Magnum, SMG, DMR, and one plasma pistol for Vale.), a Bridge, for Lasky and personnel, and at the bottom of the set, perhaps ten holes at the bottom, with up to scale frigates, to represent the scene from Halo 4's Spartan Ops, where the frigates were deployed.

tyler_w0ng wrote:In my opinion, if this Signature Series set is going to be the best, then we might as well go for the best. I'm, of course talking about the flagship of the UNSC...

The INFINITY.

Known as the most largest and most advanced warship to date in the UNSC's fleet, and currently the only one of the Infinity-class warship make, this behemoth stands at a length of 5,694.2 m, a width of 833.3 m, and a height of 1,041.2 m. This thing carries a massive amount of armaments, whether it's MAC cannons, missiles, etc. It even carries two Mammoths, hundreds of ground vehicles, about 17, 151 personnel, and even TEN Strident-class heavy frigates. Wow, does this carry A LOT?!

If assuming it does become a Signature Series set, I think the minifigures should be as followed: An updated Thomas Lasky and Sarah Palmer, Catherine Halsey, Master Chief, all of Fireteam Osiris (Locke, Buck, Tanaka, Vale), and six personnel (3 officers, 3 marines).

As for play features, of course, an armory, to arm up your figures (Perhaps 2-4 of each weapon: Assault Rifle, Battle Rifle, Magnum, SMG, DMR, and one plasma pistol for Vale.), a Bridge, for Lasky and personnel, and at the bottom of the set, perhaps ten holes at the bottom, with up to scale frigates, to represent the scene from Halo 4's Spartan Ops, where the frigates were deployed.
Uhh... follow Mega Bloks more, there is already a UNSC ship that is basically the same. The Forward Unto Dawn. There not going to make a Signature Series Infinity if they already have The Forward Unto Dawn.

DaForerunner wrote:
tyler_w0ng wrote:In my opinion, if this Signature Series set is going to be the best, then we might as well go for the best. I'm, of course talking about the flagship of the UNSC...

The INFINITY.

Uhh... follow Mega Bloks more, there is already a UNSC ship that is basically the same. The Forward Unto Dawn. There not going to make a Signature Series Infinity if they already have The Forward Unto Dawn.
Alright, lemme explain myself. They've done... how many Pelicans? Three? And all of them are basically the same. Opening cockpit, at least 4 seats, opening back, opening top, landing gear, movable wings and engines. Seeing that way, I don't think they're afraid of using similar play aspects.

tyler_w0ng wrote:
DaForerunner wrote:

The INFINITY.

True, but it would be nice to have.
Alright, lemme explain myself. They've done... how many Pelicans? Three? And all of them are basically the same. Opening cockpit, at least 4 seats, opening back, opening top, landing gear. Seeing that way, I don't think they're afraid of using similar play aspects.

The Shadow of Intent with Shipmaster, Arbiter Thel 'Vadam from HALO 3 a few Elite Pilots, The UNSC Pillor of Autum with the Master Chief, Caption Jacob Keys, a few Marines from HALO:CE, and a Covanet Scarab from HALO 2 with a White Elite Combat, two Red Elite Combats, a few Jackels, and some Grunts.

How about the Spire from Tip of the Spear on HALO:REACH with 2 ANTI AIR Shade Turrets, a Golden Elite Ranger with a Fuel Rod Cannon, Two Elite Ultras one with a Energy Sword the Other with a Cunncuison Rifle, Two Skirmisher Majors with Needler Rifles, Two Skirmisher Snipers with Focus Rifles, Four Green Spec Ops Grunts with Plasma Pistols and Needlers, Jorge-052 with his Chaingun, and NOBLE-6 with a Assault Rifle.

AngryArbiter wrote:How about the Spire from Tip of the Spear on HALO:REACH with 2 ANTI AIR Shade Turrets, a Golden Elite Ranger with a Fuel Rod Cannon, Two Elite Ultras one with a Energy Sword the Other with a Cunncuison Rifle, Two Skirmisher Majors with Needler Rifles, Two Skirmisher Snipers with Focus Rifles, Four Green Spec Ops Grunts with Plasma Pistols and Needlers, Jorge-052 with his Chaingun, and NOBLE-6 with a Assault Rifle.
Love that I even made dimensions for such a set but lost them somewhere.

Return to “Halo”