[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Why do you collect Mega Bloks? - Community

Why do you collect Mega Bloks?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Community Team
I saw this question on social media and wanted to know your opinion.

So, why do you collect Mega Bloks? Is it for the joy of building or for the mini figs themselves?

Let me know below! :)

When I was a teenager I was still into [competitor]. Not for the same reasons I was as a kid. I liked to try and build scale military vehicles. I would order custom minifig accessories to arm and militarize my minifigs. No matter how cool the accesories where or how carefully I chose my minifig torso and head, they still looked lame. No matter what, [competitor] figs are [competitor] figs.

Now Mega comes around and they provide actual military blocks. An actual tank, plane, jeep etc. The figures are already soldiers. Not only that but they are detailed and articulated. they can kneel, go prone, aim down the sights or fire from the hip. I find mega bloks much more fun for me as an adult because I dont have to struggle and customize to have my military fantasies. the way I see it, mega figs are 10/10. Theyre akin to building block compatible GI Joes.

Not too mention the Mega Bloks community is much nicer than the other brands.

I start collecting from 2012-2016. Back at 2012, I went to my dad house, I decided to build random sets my step brother Johnny own, and I've stumbled across the wraith set (2011 version). At first i thought that's from [competitor] until I try to search up "[competitor] halo", no results, so I took the platform off of the wraith and find "mega bloks" print in it, so I search up "mega bloks halo" annnndddddd finally find the results. I've start doing custom from December 2013- October 2016. The reason why I kinda drop off of mb is because of school. Don't worry, @thekiller2468 got the whole collection of mb from both of us and he does do customs very well. Not to sure if I'll return or what. It's pretty depends if halo line is still going strong at year 2025.

zelot2468 wrote:I start collecting from 2012-2016. Back at 2012, I went to my dad house, I decided to build random sets my step brother Johnny own, and I've stumbled across the wraith set (2011 version). At first i thought that's from [competitor] until I try to search up "[competitor] halo", no results, so I took the platform off of the wraith and find "mega bloks" print in it, so I search up "mega bloks halo" annnndddddd finally find the results. I've start doing custom from December 2013- October 2016. The reason why I kinda drop off of mb is because of school. Don't worry, @thekiller2468 got the whole collection of mb from both of us and he does do customs very well. Not to sure if I'll return or what. It's pretty depends if halo line is still going strong at year 2025.
Pretty much what zelot said except I'm still going strong with my collections.

I'm new to the MB scene and have only been collecting since the middle of this year. It all started with a single Foxtrot Series Spartan JFO. I like Halo and was just curious as to how the figures looked so I bought a pack. I was instantly impressed by the level of pose-ability so I picked up another and got a Grunt. Well that rocked because now my Spartan had someone to fight! But... but what if he had MORE guys to fight? Another pack. Another. The rest of the case. And then I found the drop pod ODSTs. And before I knew it I was grabbing all the different sets at my local toy store and going online to order sets that I couldn't get locally. The hook was in my mouth and I was being dragged along for the ride.

At this point I was collecting MB because I was an existing fan of the brand.

Then one day while I was grabbing more Halo sets I stopped to, you know, actually see what ELSE was on the store shelf. The detail and design of the Destiny sets blew my mind and I snagged up a few for trial. Atheon and the The Fallen Walker made me a believer. Everything just exuded quality, the vehicles so massive, the figures so detailed, I had to have them!

Now the joy of assembling MB had kicked in. I was beginning to enjoy this as a hobby.

One complete Destiny collection later - those convention exclusives unable to escape me - I was chatting with some other toy enthusiasts online and saw them posting pictures of their own collections and was intrigued by the CoD ones. I liked the desert-themed "generic soldier" feel to them and picked up more than just a few of those sets to build my own little platoon.

And I'm still buying MB because there's just so much I can do with them that goes beyond simply displaying them, I'm having FUN with them.

TSW wrote:I'm new to the MB scene and have only been collecting since the middle of this year. It all started with a single Foxtrot Series Spartan JFO. I like Halo and was just curious as to how the figures looked so I bought a pack. I was instantly impressed by the level of pose-ability so I picked up another and got a Grunt. Well that rocked because now my Spartan had someone to fight! But... but what if he had MORE guys to fight? Another pack. Another. The rest of the case. And then I found the drop pod ODSTs. And before I knew it I was grabbing all the different sets at my local toy store and going online to order sets that I couldn't get locally. The hook was in my mouth and I was being dragged along for the ride.

At this point I was collecting MB because I was an existing fan of the brand.

Then one day while I was grabbing more Halo sets I stopped to, you know, actually see what ELSE was on the store shelf. The detail and design of the Destiny sets blew my mind and I snagged up a few for trial. Atheon and the The Fallen Walker made me a believer. Everything just exuded quality, the vehicles so massive, the figures so detailed, I had to have them!

Now the joy of assembling MB had kicked in. I was beginning to enjoy this as a hobby.

One complete Destiny collection later - those convention exclusives unable to escape me - I was chatting with some other toy enthusiasts online and saw them posting pictures of their own collections and was intrigued by the CoD ones. I liked the desert-themed "generic soldier" feel to them and picked up more than just a few of those sets to build my own little platoon.

And I'm still buying MB because there's just so much I can do with them that goes beyond simply displaying them, I'm having FUN with them.
Man! What a story!

Return to “General discussion”