[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
New sets spotted! - Page 6 - Community

New sets spotted!

Builds & Discussions
CarilletaReach2 wrote:Can someone tell me who's Morgan from the Special Ops Task Force box set? I'm really confused
Morgan is the gentleman in the riot armor with the tactical helmet. If you look at the boxart for the set he's towards the lower right holding the rocket launcher.

Two new sets were spotted on another forums I frequent. There is the ATV Ground Recon set, which is a lunar buggy, and the Modern Warfare "Infantry Armry" (their typo, not mine) - this is a storage container with two figures and the MW logo slapped on the side. You can find them on WalMart's website.

I know about 3 cancelled sets from the 2014 fall if I remember correctly, may I upload a video to show the images of them that disappeared from Internet?

Okay, I found a "Modern Infantry Armory" online from an obvious pre-release scalper. The price wasn't too bad, so I bought it. Looks like there's some changes in store for Mega Brands. Instead of Mega Bloks, the company/product line name is "Mega Construx." There's also a website address on the back, for a "megaconstrux" site - which I checked, and has only "big changes are coming soon!" and a countdown timer (about ten days as of this writing). The address on the back is for "Mattel Canada," but I think that's been around since the merger. Once I get the piece physically in hand, I'll report if I discover anything else from it, but it'll probably be at least a week for it to arrive due to the holidays, and hopefully I didn't get scammed.

Construx, for those who don't know, was a line of building toys that featured "girders" and "nuts" instead of studded bricks. If you have the Wraith Attack or Odin Space Station Strike, then you've seen examples; Mega used round versions for the stands (they even still have "Construx" molded on them). Fisher-Price first invented them in '83, Mattel redid them in '97, and it seems the Mattel molds have ended up in Mega's hands.

So it appears Mattel is consolidating their trademarks into one big building piece line, which is fine. It seems the website will change, which isn't a big deal. The big thing, to me, is that the Call of Duty line will continue - yay!

@CarilletaReach2 It looks like the site will reject any external links; could you just list the vanished sets? I know of one, a sort of white shed thing that must've just thrilled retailers. ("So it's a white box, huh?")

@Elemaster I saw a teeny-tiny picture of the ATV Recon set. That's a sort-of Chenowth (spelling is correct!) dune buggy, which Special Forces use. Hopefully it makes it to production.

Heh. Sorry for the triple post, but I just noticed something. Go look at the icon in the "Brands" drop-down for Call of Duty. Looks like a different Infinite Warfare soldier (or at least a re-deco of CPT Reyes) and a new UGV.

@ColBosch Yeah pal you are true, the logo for enter to the COD Collectors sites has changed so yess we are going to have some IW sets soon, also I don't remember but talking about the red cage I was telling there is another one in grey colour buuuut with less attraction for me, but it had the MW graffiti logo, which is cool by the way, and... Also there is only mentioned a 3rd cage made by arctic bloks but I don't know more than this

The set I've got on the way is the gray/silver CONEX (shipping container) with a big, green MW logo on the side. It would be neat to see more, alongside proper sets. I do hope to see the last few late-2016 sets show up in the USA at less than absolute rip-off prices.

I saw two on amazon and one at game stop.

Oh yeah, the "ATV Ground Recon" set is on Amazon, and I was wrong. It is a military "moon buggy." The Arctic and Advanced Troopers sets are also on there, but at over $30 each! I'll wait for those to come down.

Return to “Call of Duty”