[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
How did you get into collecting MB? - Page 5 - Community

How did you get into collecting MB?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I find it really difficult to get any MB sets in England

My big brother, he started with other construction sets then switched to MB almost exclusively because of the minifigs. I remember when he said mattel took over the first thing that went through my head was that would be crazy if they made Monster High. You did. At first I found the larger size of the figures hard to work with but am getting used to them. I like to beat up my brothers figures with cleo since she is taller and take pics to aggravate him but its all in good fun. I might post a few in the gallery. It's all my brothers fault I collect MB sets! I end up getting a lot of non monster high sets for the pieces. BTW a Cleo De Nile or Nefera avatar would be sweet.

LishaThorne wrote: I might post a few in the gallery.
You should totally do that.

Time to actually tell how I got into them. It was the start of 2011 (or the end of 2010 don't remember actually) I was a huge fan of starwars and the brand owner. My friend told me that the brand owner of starwars construction sets had made halo related figures. He was mistaken as they were mega bloks figures but I bought a few figures from him. For about a few months I didn't know that they weren't [competitor] and when I finally got to the store a few months later (by this time I had really grown accustomed to the mega figures and enjoyed mixing them with the competitors) as I said I thought they were the competitors. When I got to the store (a walmart) i looked for them, when I found them I relized that they were a brand I had never even heard of unill then. Since I had exspirance with the figures and I really enjoyed them I got the Arctic warthog, the banshi and two MAF bags which netted me my first red spartan and blue flame marine. For the most part I still have these first sets of mine as well. After that I was hooked on mega bloks halo line. Destiny sets came from playing destiny.

How did I get into collecting halo and COD Mega? That takes me way back. I believe they came out around 2010 or so. I didn't play Halo around then, but my older brother did. He went to his friends house and got into it. We were big toy shoppers looking for Star Wars and [competitor] to sell on ebay. One day he and my Dad went out and he brought some series 1 Halo Mega Bloks back. My dad saw the prices on ebay and bought as many series 1 sets he could. He sold 5 or 6 sets for 60$ a set. My older brother had a falling out on it and that's where I came in. I collected tons of series 3 and bought some of series 1 off of my dad. My collection started but then failed. I was burned out on it for a long time. I got them out from time to time and almost always went to look for them in stores. Since the start of 2015 I've been collecting a lot more. I've paid for almost everything I have. Since I'm only 14 and can't get a job I go to my neighbors to work. I fed his animals, made cement, put in water troughs, and helped build an addition onto his house. I make plenty of money to keep buying. What I have now is only a portion of what I want it to be once I have a real job. So you could say my collection started as a New Year's Resolution but I think it started way back when they started making Halo MB.

In 2014, I saw Mega Bloks's Assault on Squad 45 series of stop-motions on YouTube, and I wanted to make stop motion as well. Coincidentally, I was just getting into Halo with me getting Halo Wars on Christmas, so I decided to start collecting Halo Mega Bloks. I don't really make stop motions like I intended to, but I still collect Halo sets because A) I'm a die-hard Halo fan, B) because not many people do and it's an interesting hobby in my opinion, and C) because I love making dioramas and posting them on the gallery!

I got into Mega Construx in late 2009 when I got the lancelot vs the big ugly green dinosaurus rex thing!! (King Arthur) I then got some more battle packs from the same line and then some pyrates and some streetz and a spiderman set! However I had little interest in halo and warcraft and CoD were not even out, And so, in late 2012 I got my first halo set: Cobalt team! And in early 2013 I was completely hooked and I got some warcraft and by that point my addiction with the blok had begun...! Then along came CoD and assassin's creed... yeah! Although most of my sets have been dismantled as I am growing more and more fond of MoCing!!

charliebucket wrote:I got into Mega Construx in late 2009 when I got the lancelot vs the big ugly green dinosaurus rex thing!! (King Arthur) I then got some more battle packs from the same line and then some pyrates and some streetz and a spiderman set! However I had little interest in halo and warcraft and CoD were not even out, And so, in late 2012 I got my first halo set: Cobalt team! And in early 2013 I was completely hooked and I got some warcraft and by that point my addiction with the blok had begun...! Then along came CoD and assassin's creed... yeah! Although most of my sets have been dismantled as I am growing more and more fond of MoCing!!
What is MoCing?

The minifigs got me in. Once I saw those first super articulated Call of Duty figures it was like seeing G.I.Joe for the first time all over again but now they were block compatible. Then when the Halo figures switched over to the new style and there were clear and translucent, block compatible, easy to customize figures on the market it was pretty much over for everything else.

Return to “General discussion”