[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
How do you guys go about building? - Community

How do you guys go about building?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Community Team
Hey guys!

So I was building a bigger set the other day and I powered through it and finished it in one sitting. For me, sometimes you just get lost in the build and lose track of time.

But I wanted to know about you guys. Do you build the entire set in one session or do you build it little by little so that it lasts?

I with few exceptions build them all at once. The Hovercraft was a multi-day affair, and occasionally some of the bigger sets may take a couple of settings, but I like to finish what I start pretty quickly if I can.

My largest set which is the Vulture I finished in 3 sessions in one day. So when it arrived in the post I built it, then I had lunch, then I built some more, then I took a break, then I built some more.

I usually build stuff on my bed, which means I have to finish my builds in one day... since, obviously, I need the bed to sleep in at night.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:15 pm
I usually build stuff on my bed, which means I have to finish my builds in one day... since, obviously, I need the bed to sleep in at night.
True. It's important to get some sleep. You could put the parts in a plastic container, maybe?

I did one build witch took 4 days but it was back when i first started collecting I took a lot of breaks though

CaryMega wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am
Hey guys!

So I was building a bigger set the other day and I powered through it and finished it in one sitting. For me, sometimes you just get lost in the build and lose track of time.

But I wanted to know about you guys. Do you build the entire set in one session or do you build it little by little so that it lasts?
That depends on the gravity of the build. Is it that one set that got away and after months of searching you finally catch it. Or that set that is huge and fancy but you got when you wanted it.

For me the small sets are a quick 1 session build. Larger sets I brake up over time. Building when I'm playing games and stuff and watching Netflix.

However every once in awhile one of those sets you've been after shows up its a straight no chaser and you find yourself Building still and its 5 o clock. 1 more hour you say and then its 10 and your like ahhhhhh but it's finished.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 pm
CaryMega wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:38 am
Hey guys!

That depends on the gravity of the build. Is it that one set that got away and after months of searching you finally catch it. Or that set that is huge and fancy but you got when you wanted it.

For me the small sets are a quick 1 session build. Larger sets I brake up over time. Building when I'm playing games and stuff and watching Netflix.

However every once in awhile one of those sets you've been after shows up its a straight no chaser and you find yourself Building still and its 5 o clock. 1 more hour you say and then its 10 and your like ahhhhhh but it's finished.
Yup. I think that watching Doctor Who and building MEGA BLOKS is a great combo.

For Smaller set I tend to power through them in an hour or two (this includes sets like the Fallen Walker. For bigger sets I tend to take it in smaller bites over time just so I can get up and move around occasionally.

For big projects like my Firebase they never really ever get finished so I tinker periodically on them as new sets and parts come in to be added to the mix.

Of course, battle packs I finish in 15 mins. Just to be clear that it doesn't take me 5 hours + breaks to finish a 150 piece model where most of the parts go into the figures.

Return to “General discussion”