[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega Construx™ Model Designer Q&A *OFFICIAL THREAD* - Community

Mega Construx™ Model Designer Q&A *OFFICIAL THREAD*

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Community Team
Welcome Beyonders to our live model design team Q&A!

Today you will be chatting with three of our designers: Kalthoum, Max and Michelle!

They are ready to answer all of your questions and give you a little insight on how they helped create some of the big builds you see at our events.

Rules:
-Please do not ask about upcoming big builds.
-Please do not post the same question twice.
-Please do not post harassment or inappropriate messages.
-Please follow all standard forums rules & guidelines.

**WE WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY QUESTIONS THAT BREAK THE RULES LISTED ABOVE**

We will respond to as many questions as we can, but please keep in mind that depending on demand we may not be able to answer them all.

Let’s begin!

Just got home from taking kitty to the vet is this the right thread?

Community Team
LishaThorne wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:20 pm
Just got home from taking kitty to the vet is this the right thread?
Yup -- ask away!

Which lines do you guys design for? Done any of the Monster high sets? How did you get into designing?

Community Team
LishaThorne wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:22 pm
Which lines do you guys design for? Done any of the Monster high sets? How did you get into designing?
Michelle: We're not really associated with any brands specifically. We actually support the marketing team by creating big builds for every event.
Max: Yeah we actually touch every brand, including Monster High! We've done Frankie and her electrical bed in the past.

Michelle: For me, I studied cinema and communications and then theatre design in university, and I really enjoyed building sets (for movies or things like that). My interest grew in industrial design through building these sets and that's when I applied to a job here!
Kalthoum: I have a degree in industrial design, and I worked here on the prototype team, and moved to be a team leader of model design at the creative shop. I love my job, my kids tell me "it's not a job -- you're going to play!" I really feel lucky to have this job and I enjoy it every day.
Max: For my background: I did fine arts, then animation, then 3D modeling. At MEGA, I started in the creative shop right away!

What was your most favorite build and why?

When you do big builds like those is there a support structure inside or is it all Bloks? Also I love 3d modelling, I do it a lot, mainly lightwave which seems to not lend itself to many jobs opportunities hehe. Whats your favorite 3d modelling app?

Community Team
shutupandeat wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:28 pm
What was your most favorite build and why?
Michelle: For SDCC this year, we got to design for Pokémon, and I think it was my favorite build so far, because I got to work on each phase of the project, from concept design to actually putting the build together.

Max: It's Pokémon for me as well! It's super colorful, it looks great, and it was a challenge to create something so detailed in such a small scale.

Kalthoum: The bruiser for Destiny 2, because it was the first big project that I managed on my own! It was an innovative design because we mixed both sculpting and blocks together, and it was an exciting challenge to bring together all of the special teams to create the final piece.

Do you map out the build first with a blue print or something first?

What did you guys study in university? What advice would you give aspiring kiddos like me?

Return to “General discussion”