[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
3 Things Mega Needs To Do To Triumph - Community

3 Things Mega Needs To Do To Triumph

General news and information related to Mega Construx

Here Here Good Sir! I agree completely with Chewy Bricks especially with regard to point #1. I have made it a point to call my local Toy s R Us with product UPC numbers in order to find out if the product i'd like is available in store only to be told repeatedly that it isn't ( and in some cases that the product doesn't even exist!). I've checked Walmart online and off and have not found what i was looking for . I HAVE however found these same products via Ebay and Amazon. Why shold i have to buy via Ebay, Amazon or some other online retailer when i can simply support Mega Brands..err Mattel directly ? I want Mega Bloks to dominate the market due to their superior product but i need to be able to purchase it .

I've had to have someone buy product in one location, have it shipped to them and then have it shipped to me . I shouldn't have to go through this in order to obtain Mega Bloks product .

In addition in house brands using the new articulation style would be a fantastic way to provide diverse figure types.

Imaginext blind bags are a great example of how Mattel can market Mega Bloks figures.

For me points 1 and 2 are the biggest priorities and what will probably get the biggest rewards financialy for Mega Bloks. One of the projects i'm working on is converting a Power Rangers Mega Zord into a giant robot for my Micronauts. Instead of the robot being square and boxy like the base set I would like to make the arms and legs more rounded. Mega has the types of parts to do this but getting enough of them in the right color is cost prohibitive currently as I don't have the budge to buy 20-50 dollar sets just to get a couple of pieces I need.
Toys R Us, Target and Wal-Mart seem to be about to do their resets so new Mega product should be easier to find so at least for a while. Still there have been times when I couldn't find the new sets at retail (like the UNSC Weapons Pack II with the new articulation Marine).
Civilian figures would be great but I don't think there is as big a market for them. I think most people buy the sets for the ties to the games. However in the games there may be some Technicians or other civilian like characters (such as the NMPD) that could be released and sell well. If a store was to get behind doing an exclusive line (like True Heroes or Adventure Force) of Police, Fire Department and other generic set with the new articulation, that could work and make enough of a profit to make it worth continuing the lines and give collectors what they want.
And a 4th point to add to this discussion...we need a better name than AFOMB.

I'm pretty much in-line with omegabob's whole post.

Personally, an online MB store would be fantastic. I'd love to be able to toss a set's entire SRP directly to Mega Bloks...especially if it meant I wouldn't HAVE TO patronize certain retailers. (Yes, I'm looking at you Bully Giraffe).

I also love the idea of big builder's packs of the marbleized bricks. Especially now with the cool new variations Monster High is giving us. Multicolored bricks just make creations POP.

I am certainly in full support of all three ideas, but feel #1 is most important. I have been very lucky finding the CoD sets at retail, but had to resort to Amazon to find several Assassins Creed sets. I would really love the option to buy direct as whenever the new sets start hitting, I feel like I have to grab everything immediately when I find it lest I lose out on finding it later.

I agree with #1. I got in Halo MB at the beginning of this year and the first thing I noticed was how hard it was to find sets I wanted.

For example, normally I can go onto Amazon and get pretty much anything I am looking for, and MB lists Amazon as one of their retailers, so it should be a no brainer that I can just search Amazon for the set I want right? Well I quickly learned that pricing on Amazon was totally hit or miss compared to the MSRP. And searching on any of the other listed retailers' sites brings up a hodge podge of random sets. Same thing with going into a lot of stores - it varies from one to the next.

If there's no place that you can reliably pick up a currently-released set that you want, how do you expect to hold onto customers?

Return to “General discussion”