[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Discontinued items - Community

Discontinued items

Got a question? Ask it here!
Hey mega bloks, I really wonder if you can bring back marvel, World of Warcraft, Dragons Universe, and others.

I could really imagine Dragons Universe in the new artictulaction and armor system, you can customize armor and hold guns to fire the Prevadors, and World of Warcraft you can make epic battles, and marvel, you can have Spider-Man shoot webs and hold it with both hands.

Marvel is owned by Disney and Disney has an exclusive contract with that other building blocks company, so Marvel is a non-starter. World of Warcraft simply didn't garner enough revenue to justify continuing the line. Dragons Universe suffered under the same dearth of sales near the end of that lines run. Mega, like any good toy manufacturer has to produce items that sell.

Au contraire MWCarlson (in regards to Dragons Universe) - that line was doomed from poor sales of the first wave. Sadly, the second wave hadn't taken off the ground before the plug was pulled; exacerbating any chance of it being a success. I digress, a re-release in the new figure format would bode better for DU, ESPECIALLY if the dragons themselves were more buildable like the WoW sindragosa (and that other dragon). The ringer would be if MEGA included unmasked sculpts that fans could repurpose for other collecting needs too. In order to launch an independent brand, MEGA MUST make the brand compatible and desirable to their other brands that already have a strong following; so that it becomes a complimentary good opposed to a competitive one.
I imagine if such things were too occur DU part deux would far exceed the capabilities (and limited revenues) of the first iteration.

...as far as WoW, the fork has been put in. No need to relive that again (you can easily find DU on the secondary markets these days); and as stated before, Marvel has no chance of coming back to MEGA. That'd be ubiquitous to seeing Star Wars come over to MEGAs neck of the woods.

Community Team
Hey megabloksisbetterhanlego,

We love to hear that people enjoyed our previous lines and items. As a toy company we aim to offer a diverse selection of Collectors products so we partner with brands that we know fans love. We are still on great terms with our previous partners and we were very happy to partner with them during the times that we did.

While we currently don't have any plans to bring back our discontinued items, we hope that you can look forward to the new brands and sets we're creating, as much as we enjoyed making them for you.

Best,

Cary

My post is about specific sets from the halo mega bloks line
The blue series ODST and elite honor guard - a lot of people wanted these items and yet they were never widely released only a handful of reviewers recieved them and a few made it to the public market, yet according to the mega bloks site it was widely available, I bet 99.9% of the halo community never saw either of these in a shop or on a site like amazon. Why were these never brought to the open market, a lot of people wanted them and a lot of people are disappointed they were never sold in a retail setting despite what the mega bloks website said.

I am a big fan of the Halo sets but they never stay on the shelf long in my area and the ones that fly off the shelves in stores in my area are always priced high on sites like amazon is there any way to special order sets directly from Mega Bloks themselves?

what about the halo wars UNSC supply pad set? it looked pretty sweet but it got cancelled

I wouldn't mind seeing an updated series of (I think) Alien Agency (?). An Articulated men-in-black type line would be cool.

but who did see the set box on the internet?

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”