[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega Construx and the World of Yootz - Page 2 - Community

Mega Construx and the World of Yootz

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Like someone said on facebook they are not meant for us. Not sure what age group they are attempting to hit but its lower then those that talk about bloks on the net. I think what saddened me the most was I was picturing them being CoD or Halo type figures with dramatic set pieces. So in many ways I did this to myself. I was picturing a modern rendition of the dragons series really.

The thing that confuses me is it is what everyone claims to want but they just do not follow through. I hope this is not Mattel looking over their shoulders claiming they need to be more like that other brand because toe to toe same style they will lose. What sets them apart is the willingness to do edgy things, like military sets.

LishaThorne wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:07 pm
Like someone said on facebook they are not meant for us. Not sure what age group they are attempting to hit but its lower then those that talk about bloks on the net. I think what saddened me the most was I was picturing them being CoD or Halo type figures with dramatic set pieces. So in many ways I did this to myself. I was picturing a modern rendition of the dragons series really.

The thing that confuses me is it is what everyone claims to want but they just do not follow through. I hope this is not Mattel looking over their shoulders claiming they need to be more like that other brand because toe to toe same style they will lose. What sets them apart is the willingness to do edgy things, like military sets.
The age thing is true, but as I already stated, there is a reason I inferred about in my review of my first glance of this brand: Collectors and custom makers don't want them. Most collectors display sets like COD and Halo due to their appearances, but these are not something most people would wanna display. Their articulation is also VERY limited, along with their customization options, which Cod and Halo are know to exceed in.

Custom makers don't want these guys because they come with parts that can't be used on COD, Halo or any other brand

Overall, only very little kids will like these, but even then these sets appear to follow a many piece count, which can prove a bit difficult for kids who want to build them, not to mention rough play.

Look, guys, let's face it, the main reason Mega isn't bankrupt is because they do their brilliant micro action figures. Remove them from the picture, and you remove Mega from the picture. If this is all they do, and they get rid of CoD (which seems likely), their best source of income will be the Halo and Destiny sets. Two themes. Just stick to what you do best, and don't experiment when in financial difficulty. Hey, the best they can do now is learn from the mistake they just made.

I don't understand why Mega isn't doing another proper medieval/pirate/etc. type theme. They've had a lot of success with that in the past - Dragons, Pyrates, Assassin's Creed, and it seems like the upcoming Viking Longship is going to be very popular as well.

There's been a lot of fan requests for that sort of thing over the past few years, and instead of tapping into a market that they know has a lot of demand, Mega and/or their Mattel overlords have coughed up these creepy Yootz things.

In all I just don't get it. From what I read, before we had any idea on what they actually were going to be, I had the same mind set as lisha. I was hoping for some sets that would finally give us some epic knights, fully articulated buillable dragons and castles. For the city line something similar to there entire build beyound stand from 2016.

This yoots as someone else pointed out is not aimed at us and the 100% right. But my question is who is this thing aimed at in general? When i was a kid at least I didn't like the larger stuff, 5 years old was when I got my first competitor set. These are listed under mega construx, not mega bloks and which will throw in some more confusion. Plus, and complete offense to the figures but they look gosh awful, I'd take the mega bloks figs any day or the duplo.

TLDR: I don't expect this to do well. I don't like the figures designs and I find them unapealing. This is a lost opportunity for us at least. Now all we can do is keep requesting a city and knights line that properly reflect what we have wanted. On a side note these have not been officially reveal so don't expect anything from mega untill they show it off themselves.

If you get rid of Halo blind bags, you get rid of Halo... :(

LishaThorne wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:07 pm
I think what saddened me the most was I was picturing them being CoD or Halo type figures with dramatic set pieces. So in many ways I did this to myself. I was picturing a modern rendition of the dragons series really.
I think most people had the same line of thought as you. At this point, I'm really just curious why it's under "Mega Construx" and not "Mega Bloks".

Return to “General discussion”