[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Live Q&A with the Global Brand Team - Community

Live Q&A with the Global Brand Team

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Community Team
Mega Construx™ Global Brand Team Q&A *OFFICIAL THREAD*

**LIVE NOW until 5PM**

Today you will be chatting with three members from our Global Brand Team: Nick, Marcela and Sabrina!

They are ready to answer all of your questions and give you a little insight regarding retail, distribution, licensor relationships and brand acquisitions!

Rules:
Please do not ask about upcoming projects.
Please do not post the same question twice.
Please do not post harassment or inappropriate messages.
Please follow all standard forums rules & guidelines.

**WE WILL NOT BE RESPONDING TO ANY QUESTIONS THAT BREAK THE RULES LISTED ABOVE**

We will respond to as many questions as we can, but please keep in mind that depending on demand we may not be able to answer them all.

Let’s begin!

Hi there. Could you please give us some insight into why there is very poor distribution in Australia and New Zealand, to the point where NZ has only seen HHS3 very briefly in one store? Thanks.

I don't want to come across as not very nice.

Yes, I find it difficult to collect the sets I want living in the UK. Movie Turtles was fine (though I wished we'd got a little Megan Fox, I would have bought at least two of those cos I wanted one for my Transformers movie collection too :P ) but very few of the Collectors sets based on the 80's series are available here. I had to import Krang's Rampage but the Technodrome would be far too much to do the same. I had a friend send me Baxter Stockman as well as He-Man and Skeletor from the cool new Heroes figure range I would love to collect but again not easily available here. I love these figures and would love to buy more.

Also could we please get ThunderCats figures? :D

What is the process like to acquire a new license; from pitching to production? :)

First off, thanks for doing this Q&A! To start, could each of you introduce yourselves and let us know what the role of the Global Brand Team is? Second, can one of you try and explain the process of how an item goes from the factory to the retailers? There was a post just yesterday showing that Halo Heroes series 6 has shown up in the US. I don't understand how this is possible when Halo Heroes series 5 is barely widely distributed yet. Third, why does Canada tend to lag behind the US in terms of product availability? I suspect that Canada is a much smaller market than the US, but it seems ridiculous that products designed by a Canadian company have a hard time making it into Canada. I recently found out from ToysRUs Canada and Mattel that the ProBuilder sets don't have a release date in Canada and may not even be released. Can any of you comment on this?

Thanks!

Community Team
charliebucket wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm
Hi there. Could you please give us some insight into why there is very poor distribution in Australia and New Zealand, to the point where NZ has only seen HHS3 very briefly in one store? Thanks.
Nick: Hi Charliebucket! Here's my personal take on your question: On a yearly basis we have several meetings with retailers across the globe to talk about our core lines. In these meetings, our goal is to get the toy in as many stores in as many locations as possible. However, we also have to consider retailer and consumer demand in these markets. We do understand that there is a lot of interest and love for the brand from you all for these lines. I would recommend going directly to your local retailer and expressing interest in the toys you want to see near you.

**Disclaimer: This is a personal message**

Do you have a soft spot for any particular brand(s)? Any favorites?

Hey, hello, what's up?

If you could work on any brand, what would it be? And WHY?!

CaryMega wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:08 pm
charliebucket wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:52 pm
Nick: Hi Charliebucket! Here's my personal take on your question: On a yearly basis we have several meetings with retailers across the globe to talk about our core lines. In these meetings, our goal is to get the toy in as many stores in as many locations as possible. However, we also have to consider retailer and consumer demand in these markets. We do understand that there is a lot of interest and love for the brand from you all for these lines. I would recommend going directly to your local retailer and expressing interest in the toys you want to see near you.

**Disclaimer: This is a personal message**
Thanks for the tip. Much appreciated :)

Can any of you explain why we can't purchase items directly from the Mega store (at least in Canada anyways)? I feel like being able to purchase directly from the online site would circumvent a lot of the distribution and accessibility issues.

Return to “General discussion”