[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Live Q&A with the Global Brand Team - Page 3 - Community

Live Q&A with the Global Brand Team

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Community Team
Carnivius wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:38 pm
CaryMega wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:14 pm
Marcela: Hey Carnivius! I'm so happy to hear that you enjoy our TMNT sets - this is a brand that I had a blast working on! In regard to retail distribution, I think Nick handled that question really well in his previous answer. We would definitely love to make the toy available everywhere -- it would help out a lot if you could make your wishes known to your local retailers!

Nick: Love Thundercats!! It could be a perfect addition to the MCX Heroes family. We appreciate when you give us feedback or recommend brands that you love.
Thanks for the reply and yes I've read Nick's comment. The only toy store even remotely near me that sells Mega is the Toys R Us in Cambridge and they have a lot of Halo, Call of Duty, Despicable Me and TMNT movie and nicktoon. I happily bought most of the TMNT movie sets cos I enjoy the movies (have both on Blu Ray) and they're what got me into Mega because of the fantastic mini-figures (I always found those of a certain other brand too simplistic for me even if they are iconic though I have owned some over the years cos I enjoy building sets). I'm not a fan of Halo/CoD but I've bought several sets of those as they are brilliant sci fi and military sets in their own right. But no TMNT Collectors figures at all, though funnily enough the store DOES have the regular action figures by Playmate of that era of TMNT, both in the recent Classics form and also re-releases of the original vintage action figures bizarrely so seeing the Mega versions next to them would be awesome. Your Party Wagon is far more cartoon accurate than the Playmates toy ever was too and is probably my favourite Mega set overall. As I mentioned I'd love to be able to buy the Technodrome and the black and white sets and everything else from the classic era as well as more from the Heroes line (my friend did say he'll try find me the Aliens and Star Trek figures too from Wave 1 but I can't expect him to keep sending me the stuff from the US all the time, especially anything bigger than figures). and I'm looking forward to future figures such as Futurama (and I'm glad you share enthusiasm for ThunderCats... in the 80s along with the regular figure line there were mini-figures that were fun to collect and Mega could be the updated version of that line, and would love a properly scaled Thundertank that sits 2 figures in front and more in back like the TMNT wagon). Anyways I'm just babbling, probably because I love the figure style so much and is what I've wanted from a building brick brand for years and the potential is limitless. Keep up the good work

By the way I do have to mention that the T-800 from the Terminator Genisys (never been sure how to spell that) line is an amazing lil figure. Such detail. If I could easily army-build this I'd buy many packs. As it is I only have the single figure but I love it. Just wanted to say that (and if Robocop ever happens to appear I'd buy that too, but for now I make do with my sloppy custom version I made) :)
Sabrina: It's clear that you're a passionate fan :) We really take feedback like this to heart, and fans like you are why we're working so hard to improve the brand every day! The Terminator line was a fun line to work on, and Skydance was a really cool licensor to work with. We're fans of all of these brands as well (you should see some of our desks!) so we really enjoy bringing these brands to life in an authentic way with our micro action figures.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Banished Ghost Rush sets are made in Canada right? That's SO cool (and something I think you guys should advertise more). How do you determine what sets will be made domestically and what sets are made overseas?

Community Team
BlockBAE wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:33 pm
What happens to pitched products that don't get made? Is there a hallowed Mega Museum?
Marcela: Hi Block Bae! Actually, we keep a secure vault in our HQ where we store all of the prototypes and materials used for our different pitches. These presentations involve so many team members (marketing, design, model shop, advance concept, packaging, marketing communications, etc). All of these people come together to create something really special that we're proud of and want to hang on to for future reference.

Community Team
cdn_bricks wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:52 pm
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Banished Ghost Rush sets are made in Canada right? That's SO cool (and something I think you guys should advertise more). How do you determine what sets will be made domestically and what sets are made overseas?
Nick: What a cool question! You're correct, the Banished Ghost Rush is made right here in Montreal! This is actually based on what parts are available in which factory. The specific parts of the toy influence where the toy is going to be made.

This is more of a statement than a question. I really feel like Mega missed a big opportunity when the release of Halo Heroes series 5 didn't coincide at all with Halo 3's 10th anniversary. If you guys had them widely available you could have had Grimbrotherone release his recent article back in September to let folks know that these amazing figures actually exist. The recent No Spartan Left Behind stop motion was BRILLIANT and I think one thing that was done exceptionally well was getting the 343 community managers to help advertise. I really hope you guys can continue collaborative work like that in the future (especially for Halo 6!!!) - I suspect having 343i help with Waypoint articles, Twitter posts, etc. can really help bring attention to the Mega Construx Halo line.

Community Team
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:46 pm
Thanks for doing this Q&A. One major question/concern alot of people have had lately is with the distribution of sets. Some sets have complete missed there release window wile others arrive far later then when we they were revealed. For example the halo heroes series 5 was revealed months ago, however they were not really avaible untill 2 weeks ago missing the halo 3 anniversary, and heroes series 6 has now been found 9n stores. OTher sets that are missing in most areas are the two destiny armor sets that were revealed earlyer this year, dear orbit hunter, and future warcult titan.

Is there any plans to remedy these distribution issues. Another question is what causes these abcenses of sets. Is it a embargo problem or something along thouse lines. Lastly is there a general time frame set for when sets will appear on shelves and at online retailers.
Sabrina: Hey Admiral-Sabree!

On top of our previous answer you may have seen above, let’s address your question on the absence of sets! The distribution is usually not related to embargoes. The general time frame we usually develop lines for is divided into 2 seasons; Spring (as of January) and Fall (as of June). These product lines evolve through our internal toy development milestones and even if we revealed these sets, either at our favorite consumer events or through our social media pages, they sometimes do not make it to retail.

But we always do our best because we love our sets so much! :)

CaryMega wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:48 pm
Sabrina: It's clear that you're a passionate fan :) We really take feedback like this to heart, and fans like you are why we're working so hard to improve the brand every day! The Terminator line was a fun line to work on, and Skydance was a really cool licensor to work with. We're fans of all of these brands as well (you should see some of our desks!) so we really enjoy bringing these brands to life in an authentic way with our micro action figures.
Thanks. :) I haven't been a fan long. It was beginning of august when I got the TMNT Out of the Shadows Cryo Chamber set and saw how awesome the figures of Raphael, Shredder and Krang were and I bought more of those and then saw the 80s range and yeah I got hooked and bought various Halo/CoD/Assassins Creed sets and the Star Trek transporter room (that Kirk head sculpt is so accurate and is a reason why I so neeeeed the Picard figure :D ) and often tell people how awesome these figures and how much more detailed and articulated they are compared to other brick figs and your vehicles and playsets are realistic and show a lot of thought put into the designs.

And yes the Terminator stuff is great. Would love to see the return of it sometime perhaps even in the Heroes line like you have Aliens. Could have see the T-800 figure return and this time with Sarah Connor and Kyle Reese (could use Kyle head as Hicks in Aliens, speaking of which would love more Aliens, gotta have Ripley and a Mega version of the Power Loader could be awesome oh and Predators would be fun too, but yeah don't forget about ThunderCats we can pose with the MotU guys)

Ok I'm babbling a bit again and so I'm off to bed now as it's almost 10pm and I've had a tiring day. It's been cool to come here and have a lil chat with you guys. Love the community here and getting to know folks with the gallery and such. Have a good day. :)

- carn

Community Team
cdn_bricks wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:01 pm
This is more of a statement than a question. I really feel like Mega missed a big opportunity when the release of Halo Heroes series 5 didn't coincide at all with Halo 3's 10th anniversary. If you guys had them widely available you could have had Grimbrotherone release his recent article back in September to let folks know that these amazing figures actually exist. The recent No Spartan Left Behind stop motion was BRILLIANT and I think one thing that was done exceptionally well was getting the 343 community managers to help advertise. I really hope you guys can continue collaborative work like that in the future (especially for Halo 6!!!) - I suspect having 343i help with Waypoint articles, Twitter posts, etc. can really help bring attention to the Mega Construx Halo line.
Sabrina: Thanks for your feedback about the stop motion -- did you know that these are made here at MEGA HQ? We work with our video and copy team to bring these animations to life. We enjoy working closely with 343 Industries and appreciate all the support we receive from their teams. They are super supportive, and we look forward to continuing our partnership with them! :)

Community Team
We have to go now, but we want to thank everyone who participated in today's Q&A. It was super fun to talk with you all, and we look forward to seeing you at the next one! Bye!!

- Cary Mega

I had this long reply that I thought I posted, but it doesn't look like it went through so I'll summarize. Don't like CoD (prefer battlefield) but love the CoD sets and scale. Love that you added brown skin figs and female figures.

I'm in Facebook fan groups for Mega and a lot of other adult collectors agree that there needs to be a clear opposing force for Cod figs. Halo is easy since there is UNSC vs The Covenant. I've been doing desert vs jungle for CoD but it still feels lacking. Maybe camoflouge pattern by country would be a cool. Is anything like this in the pipeline?

Also, just recently seen Chinese knock offs of quite a few CoD sets. I wouldn't buy them because I want to support Mega, but I just wanted to put it on your radar.

Return to “General discussion”