[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
How did you get into collecting MB? - Page 7 - Community

How did you get into collecting MB?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I saw the figures at different places, and was still unsure about taking the leap. Being the guy I am, I did my research, and started looking at potential figures, mostly for the aspect of making customs. I've done Gi Joe customs for years, and the space issue has made me hesitant about getting more, along with the raise in costs. The average Joe is about 10-20 bucks nowadays, and the average Mega Bloks figure was about 3 bucks (it's more like 4 now, but still affordable). I got the COD divers first, and made my first figure: Snake Eyes.

I ended up making a few customs, then from there I couldn't stop. I just bought Series 2 Heroes Kirk, as well as a Hazmat Trooper, and will likely be making an Air Adventurer soon.

My first sets were the elite customizer pack and the customizer with the jackle (they were the ones that said "super customizable armor" or something like that anyways I fell in love with them and now here I am!

TheArbiter25 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:36 pm
My first sets were the elite customizer pack and the customizer with the jackle (they were the ones that said "super customizable armor" or something like that anyways I fell in love with them and now here I am!
You started with those. I started with the UNSC siege bike in 2013

Sorry it was actually a old halo blind bag with 2 grunts in it I wish grunts came in pairs like in that series (I don't remember the series number)

Children destroy sets eeeeeeeerrrrrr
I've had several ppl wreck my stuff it makes me want to scream and pull my hair out DON'T TOUCH MY MEGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA BLOKKKKKKSSSS

I enjoy writing and shooting short films. Getting the location, cast, costume is difficult. I (naively) thought stop-motion would answer these problems and the balance between affordability and articulation led me to Mega Bloks/Construx.
Unfortunately the same issues arise with plastics as they do with skins. :-)

TheArbiter25 wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:47 pm
Sorry it was actually a old halo blind bag with 2 grunts in it I wish grunts came in pairs like in that series (I don't remember the series number)
Series 3 it was. Pretty long ago, impressive.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 am
I've had several ppl wreck my stuff it makes me want to scream and pull my hair out DON'T TOUCH MY MEGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAA BLOKKKKKKSSSS
Calm down(Unless you're being dramatic)

Lol I'm ok my mega bloks/Construx has a lot of sentimental value to me, a lot of people collect I just collect mega!

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:37 am
I can definitely agree to that.

Return to “General discussion”