[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
So, what about the new Halo and Destiny sets? Good or bad? - Community

So, what about the new Halo and Destiny sets? Good or bad?

Builds & Discussions
As you all probably know by now that they're new sets coming out this year and they're very interesting, now that's not to say they're particularly bad, in fact they're some standout and phonomenal ones coming out. I guess what I'm trying to get at is, well, what do you think? I'm curious to see what opinions you guys have.

My biggest complaint is the lack of things to build. I'm getting bored of figure after figure. I guess that is what consumers want though.

They have new sets for destiny, but they aren't seen in stores, and nothing new for halo, but they are still keeping that in stores. What's going on? I think the new destiny sets are cool but small. The new halo sets are good but at the same time boring. I can't find Stormbound Blind bag series anywhere.

Must say - they seem to be doing more "construction" sets this wave than last year's first wave. I mean for Halo, we got the Banished Ghost and the Desert Sniper Cyclops last year, this year we got the Banshee, the Goblin and another Mongoose. For Destiny, we got two Sparrows, and kinda the Hive Horde, although I'm counting it as a deluxe troop builder. This year we got the Pike and two Sparrows. CoD seems a tad weak, though.

charliebucket wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:04 pm
Must say - they seem to be doing more "construction" sets this wave than last year's first wave. I mean for Halo, we got the Banished Ghost and the Desert Sniper Cyclops last year, this year we got the Banshee, the Goblin and another Mongoose. For Destiny, we got two Sparrows, and kinda the Hive Horde, although I'm counting it as a deluxe troop builder. This year we got the Pike and two Sparrows. CoD seems a tad weak, though.
I hardly call a mongoose a construction set. I haven't built the banshee or Goblin yet but imagine those take, what, 20 minutes to build? Not much constructing involved.

Last year for Halo we had the Wolverine, Wasp and Warthog. Im not counting the mongoose or ghost. Am I missing anything?

Cuzz35 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 pm
charliebucket wrote:
I hardly call a mongoose a construction set. I haven't built the banshee or Goblin yet but imagine those take, what, 20 minutes to build? Not much constructing involved.

Last year for Halo we had the Wolverine, Wasp and Warthog. Im not counting the mongoose or ghost. Am I missing anything?
I'm just comparing the wave 1 stuff, not the (much larger) wave 2.

charliebucket wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:41 pm
Cuzz35 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:14 pm
charliebucket wrote:

I'm just comparing the wave 1 stuff, not the (much larger) wave 2.
And I wasn't referring to last year's fall wave as a good construction line up either.

I think 2015 was the last solid year for Halo. Pelican Airbase, Firebase, Vulture, Tank, Phaeton, Smugglers Intercept. Can throw in the Gausshog too. We also got a mongoose that year. Am I missing any?

Sounds about right to me. Yeah 2015 was great, 2014 was almost as good. 2016 saw the best 'Hog since 2012.

charliebucket wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:32 pm
Sounds about right to me. Yeah 2015 was great, 2014 was almost as good. 2016 saw the best 'Hog since 2012.
And the leaked sets on Amazon (radar tower, etc.) sound pretty week as far as construction goes. They could be great but again sounds like they will be small with not much building material.

I think the only real thing going for them are the drop pods and Heroes line. Although distribution for the heroes like for Halo is absolutely awful. Scalper prices on Amazon and Series 5 and 6 missing from many areas (cough, Atlanta).

Yes the new "buildings" don't sound like a long build.

Return to “Halo”