[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
3 Things Mega Needs To Do To Triumph - Page 2 - Community

3 Things Mega Needs To Do To Triumph

General news and information related to Mega Construx
ChewyBricks wrote:
> Omega, I respectfully disagree with you on sales of civilian figs not being
> as strong. The [competitor] Minifigure Series is on top of their best sellers on a
> continuous basis. Their packs don't take up much shelf space and they get
> decent profit margins per small pack, These figures are of different
> professions and time eras, and most don't much to do with their other
> lines. Mega could certainly capitalize on this, and plus its necessary for
> tying in the other lines bringing diversification to the MB universe.
>
> I do agree with putting the new articulation in adventure force. Likely
> would drive sales of those lines too.
> Also agree that we need a better name than AFOMB, lol

Chewy, i do agree that a single figure "blind" pack series of figures would probably work for civilian figures. I may not have stated it correctly but I don't think a "city" series would work without the support of a retail store (like TRU's True Heroes or Wal-Mart's Adventure Force). A full line would require a larger financial investment than a series of single figure packs.
Either way though, I still stand by the notion that most customers buy sets based on the licensed product despite not having any hard data to back that up. Or they buy the sets because they are more affordable than some other leading brands.

I would say MegaFans would be a good name but that could be misconstrued in the long run.

ChewyBricks wrote:
> Omega, I respectfully disagree with you on sales of civilian figs not being
> as strong. The [competitor] Minifigure Series is on top of their best sellers on a
> continuous basis. Their packs don't take up much shelf space and they get
> decent profit margins per small pack, These figures are of different
> professions and time eras, and most don't much to do with their other
> lines. Mega could certainly capitalize on this, and plus its necessary for
> tying in the other lines bringing diversification to the MB universe.
>
> I do agree with putting the new articulation in adventure force. Likely
> would drive sales of those lines too.
> Also agree that we need a better name than AFOMB, lol

Chewy, i do agree that a single figure "blind" pack series of figures would probably work for civilian figures. I may not have stated it correctly but I don't think a "city" series would work without the support of a retail store (like TRU's True Heroes or Wal-Mart's Adventure Force). A full line would require a larger financial investment than a series of single figure packs.
Either way though, I still stand by the notion that most customers buy sets based on the licensed product despite not having any hard data to back that up. Or they buy the sets because they are more affordable than some other leading brands.

I would say MegaFans would be a good name but that could be misconstrued in the long run.

We need civilian figures for COD and Halo. We don't want to have to buy World Builder sets to get normal figs.

Community Team
Hey Chewy!

So I was sitting with the designers yesterday and we actually spoke about a few of these ideas :)! They love the idea of a civilian Mega Bloks set. While it's not currently in the works now, there are some cool ways using pop & swap/customization to create some pretty awesome civilians, especially if you use the Call of Duty figs, that have a pretty simple body after you take off all of their military gear :P. There are also some future sets in 2016 that will also have more "civilian" looking figures, so hold tight ;).

In regards to the idea of selling packages that are just bricks, it's again not something we have planned for the immediate future, however I feel like a lot of our sets really offer an amazing parts-to-build ratio that offer a lot of basic brick pieces. On occasion we can provide large amounts of bricks to artists for large-scale events and professional production. For example, we just did something along these lines with the Musée Grévin Montreal for their "World in Mega Bloks" creation!

Cary, I agree that Mega does release some sets that offer a good amount of basic bricks that can be used to add on to and customize other sets. The Toys R Us exclusive line True Heroes is a good example of this. However there are some of the more specialized pieces (for me the rounded curved and inverted curved pieces...sorry i can't attach a picture of the ones I'm talking about) that aren't included with most sets that builders have trouble getting in any quantity, and especially getting in quantity in a specific color. While boxes of just blocks wouldn't solve that problem a buy-a-brick type service would. Any chance of that happening in the near future?

I think civilian figures amoungst other things would be a great idea, especially for those of us that make Stop Motion films or those that like to photograph sets.

I would think mega bloks should create more generic lines aimed at collectors. For one I would love to see a generic fantasy medieval theme or cashing in on the fast & furious franchise with cars and figures with the micro action figure articulation under the hot wheels banner.

*** yes. I've flirted with the Hot Wheels line as it is . Micro action figures with the new body style would make me purchase instead of flirt.

Return to “General discussion”