[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
No Mega stuff in my Country ! - Community

No Mega stuff in my Country !

Got a question? Ask it here!
Hi, I'm in the UK and a few years back I saw Mega brands in all the toy shops, over a few shelves, with most of the licenses represented.
Now no shops have any sets at all, except Toys R Us, which has reduced drastically from several shelves down to about 3 different sets on one small shelf.
So why is that happening ?
I want Mega to be mega-successful if you excuse the pun, and for people to enjoy the quality of them, but that won't happen if they're not on the shelves , or even distributed online (to prevent extortionate prices on Ebay or Amazon)

Yes I feel your pain. Same as in Australia. I think it's just distribution and fan base.

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:00 pm
Yes I feel your pain. Same as in Australia. I think it's just distribution and fan base.
Speaking of Australia, isn't there a hole bunch of dangerous creatures and animals #boxjellyfish

GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Same as in Australia. I think it's just distribution and fan base.
I've always thought it was more the result of shops stocking the wrong thing. My local BigW once had something like eight Vultures sitting on a shelf, but no fireteam/lance packs.

What's the point in putting a whole bunch of the giant, expensive sets on your shelves, but none of the small, affordable sets?

My local stores just got a bunch of heroes and blind bags who would want to buy ten decimus figs? Most of my area does not get the bigger stuff but honestly when I'm trying to find something off the internet I run into the same wall SCALPERS maybe ban the resale of mega? Lol

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:52 pm
GreenSpartan082 wrote:
Same as in Australia. I think it's just distribution and fan base.
I've always thought it was more the result of shops stocking the wrong thing. My local BigW once had something like eight Vultures sitting on a shelf, but no fireteam/lance packs.

What's the point in putting a whole bunch of the giant, expensive sets on your shelves, but none of the small, affordable sets?
Yep. Had the exact same thing at TWH. They had a flash sale of them for $40, then back up to $189. No wonder they don't sell them in NZ anymore...

I don't understand distribution at all. There are tons of figures out there that I wouldn't even have heard of it it wasn't for the internet.

That too. By fan base I meant pretty much mega, l*go and every thing else. I can't find any mega apart from dispicable me stuff and where the halo stuff was it's filled with $2 best lock c*ap in its stead.

I asked yesterday in my UK Toys R Us, they said the Mega stuff was popular but they hadn't received any stock. They weren't sure why, somewhere down the line they were waiting for more.

Visited UK Toys R Us today. They had Minions and TMNT which I didn't notice in there a few weeks back. One or two Halo pieces and one or two COD. Strangely the COD pieces were different to those a few weeks back despite the staff saying they won't be restocking. They did have a single Modern infantry Outpost Armoury for £10. Other than that everything looked more expensive than ebay. I don't want Toys R Us to go out of business but still hope that one day they simply stand there handing out sets found in an old stock cupboard somewhere.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”