[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega-Verse "Retired Thread" - Page 53 - Community

Mega-Verse "Retired Thread"

Tell your own story!
Ok FYI, this is only a rough draft, and this is a little history: Long ago, before the High Elves were in their Golden Age, dark entities of immense power ruled over the Mega-Verse. The High Elves decided to start a rebellion agains these entities, to free the primitive inhabitants of the young universe. The High Elves knew they couldn't fight these entities head on, so instead of fighting, they tricked most of them into a prison, now known as Dimension X. They captured all but a few, and those few were the most powerful, clever, and ruthless. The High Elves knew they couldn't trick them, so they created weapons of immense magical power to destroy them. In the gigantic battle that ensued, the High Elves were able to slay or capture all of the remaining ones. But just before the strongest one, known as the Time Splitter, was captured, he used a mineral known as Infinite to fracture time and space, creating multiple mirrored realities, called dimensions. After this tremendous battle, the High Elves were in there Golden Age. But this age didn't last forever, and they were soon overthrown by the Forerunners.
Now, as the battle of Antares draws near, the Time Splitter has once again become conscious of events outside his prison on the Timeless Plane. Seeing a chance to rule the Mega-Verse again, he sends out his ally Hunter to find a dimension that will work as both a safe haven for the evil forces about to attack Antares, and a place where evil reinforcements can come in and help sweep away any resistance.

As I said above, this is only a bit of history. If you guys want me to continuo on this path, I will then tell you about the Dimension itself, plus tell you what these entities are. I am open to suggestions. Thank you for your help :)

charliebucket wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:26 pm
NatoGreavesy wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:30 pm
Hm, sounds like you've got an interesting story cooking up there, _SoLiS_.

The Mega-Verse is, for the most part, simply an alternate version of the Halo universe. We have UNSC, ONI, Covenant, Banished, etc., and most of our timeline is constructed around existing events in the Halo canon. Obviously, we've taken some liberties; in the 'real' Halo canon, there are no High Elves or magic weapons, and so on.

But, while some of the stories of the Mega-Verse occasionally involve Alternate Dimensions, they ultimately all take place in the same shared universe. To put that in perspective, some creators like Zarry and Megapand25 have used characters of mine (Carlos, Jim, Shade, etc.) but since their personalities are portrayed differently, and their stories don't correlate with what's going on in this timeline, those comics aren't considered part of the Mega-Verse itself.

So, as to how Legacy could be integrated into the Mega-Verse, I see a few possibilities. Firstly, the Halo universe in Legacy could be the Mega-Verse. Alternatively, all of the dimension-hopping shenanigans in these different comics could cause some kind of crossover event. Or the Mega-Verse could be a third dimension that your comic intersects with at some point.

At the end of the day, we don't want to be telling people what they can and can't do, or stifling their creativity, so if trying to connect another story to this one doesn't work out, then that's okay. Comics and their creators can stand just as strongly on their own as they would if they were part of the Mega-Verse.
What Nato said :P

Just give the timeline a read and decide if you want in or not. Plenty of people decide not to join, so no hard feelings.

You can do whatever you like, providing it doesn't contradict the lore already here. The same goes for anyone wanting to join the Mega-Verse. If you so wish to join, we'll provide you with further instructions to initiate you into the Mega-Verse, so-to-speak.
Although I don't usually post, I'm pretty sure charliebucket is referencing me on this one...

TisforTiger wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:35 pm
[SNIP]
As I said above, this is only a bit of history. If you guys want me to continuo on this path, I will then tell you about the Dimension itself, plus tell you what these entities are. I am open to suggestions. Thank you for your help :)
This all sounds like really interesting material, and I think that it would fit quite neatly into the existing Mega-Verse without too much hassle. That said, the High Elves are primarily Charlie's thing, so I'm not sure how well this fits with what he's got in mind for them.

OK. TisForTiger - although I like the idea, The Elves are far more technologically advanced than the Forerunners. I highly doubt that they could be defeated, unless it was within the first million years of the Elves' existence.

I have a lot of plans for the Elves, and this seems like a really big plot-changer.

Agreed Charlie....I can change it if you would like. It is your creation, not mine :) How would you like me to change it?

@TisforTiger - If you have a look at the first post of this topic, and run a Ctrl-F search for the word 'elves', you should be able to find what you need. The Elves lived past the activation of the Halo rings, went to war with Jeff, won, then erased (most of) the evidence of their civilisation, and went into hiding.

All you'd really need to do is change the bit about the Elves being defeated by the Forerunners, I think.

Ok..... Maybe it could be where they thought that if there technology fell into the wrong hands, that they would have the power to rule the universe, so they went into hiding instead of being defeated.... Oh, and charlie, the entities I was thinking of are dragons... Does that work?

Hey, just wanted to ask about my Copernicus comic. I've been striving for a full fledged hallways and robust interiors, but it simply cannot be done. L3g0 prices have skyrocketed(with a terrible coincidence, all the pieces I need) and I've been resorting to painting cardboard pieces gray and using that as a wall. Are guys OK with possibly seeing lights or the walls of my basement? For angled shots?

Jason397a wrote:
Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:46 pm
Are guys OK with possibly seeing lights or the walls of my basement? For angled shots?
Yeah, that's fine. There's usually walls and stuff visible in the background of all of my comics, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does that sort of thing.

Jason397a wrote: Hey, just wanted to ask about my Copernicus comic. I've been striving for a full fledged hallways and robust interiors, but it simply cannot be done. L3g0 prices have skyrocketed(with a terrible coincidence, all the pieces I need) and I've been resorting to painting cardboard pieces gray and using that as a wall. Are guys OK with possibly seeing lights or the walls of my basement? For angled shots?

It's fine. In my comics most of the scenes are from the one angle cause it's on a shelf.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”