[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
How do you sort your blocks? - Page 4 - Community

How do you sort your blocks?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
charliebucket wrote:
TimberWolf646 wrote: I haven't actually disassembled a set before, I'm saying that if I did, I wouldn't sort.
Fair enough! Also if you wanna invest $20 or more in some drawers then you need to enjoy MoCing a fair bit!
Agreed. I'm keep special parts seprate, base bricks that match specific colors togeather ad sets I can rob parts from complete unless needed (these are extras not built) now I know if your looking for parts the assassins creed tower sells super cheap and so dose the cod dome set as well. They also have alot of good parts for there price.
I like to sort my bricks and plates by shape and size!

charliebucket wrote:
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
charliebucket wrote: Fair enough! Also if you wanna invest $20 or more in some drawers then you need to enjoy MoCing a fair bit!
Agreed. I'm keep special parts seprate, base bricks that match specific colors togeather ad sets I can rob parts from complete unless needed (these are extras not built) now I know if your looking for parts the assassins creed tower sells super cheap and so dose the cod dome set as well. They also have alot of good parts for there price.
I find it easier to find the right part in the right colour! that way!

Not really at all lol not yet anyways

I just do colour wen building and sorting 😏😏

charliebucket wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:25 pm
charliebucket wrote:
Admiral-Sabree wrote: Agreed. I'm keep special parts seprate, base bricks that match specific colors togeather ad sets I can rob parts from complete unless needed (these are extras not built) now I know if your looking for parts the assassins creed tower sells super cheap and so dose the cod dome set as well. They also have alot of good parts for there price.
Color coding dose help. But be warned. I learned when building my mammoth that when 90% of the parts are the same color, have fun finding that one little 1-1 tile pieace.

Color coding works well with sets that are more diverse in there color schemes or have medium to modest large parts (500-1000 pieaces) the larger the set the harder it is to sort by color effectively. If possible for large to sig series sets sort by part type instead. Takes alot more space and separate storage ect but should help in the long haul. Of course small sets (less then 200 pieaces) you can just dump them out and go from there.

Honestly can't wait for the generic brick sets to be released soon. I'll be buying a bunch of the space ones and some other more practical colors.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:34 pm
charliebucket wrote:
Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:25 pm
charliebucket wrote: I like to sort my bricks and plates by shape and size!
But be warned. I learned when building my mammoth that when 90% of the parts are the same color, have fun finding that one little 1-1 tile pieace.
That's why I sort my parts by type. So much easier to see. I learnt my lesson. One huge drawer of camo green? Not easy to do customs with.

Heh I don't sort my sets. Even signiture sets. Just seems more time consuming to me.

Mine are sorted by color, but I might change it to brick type. It's still kind of a pain sometimes to find pieces that I need.

I sort by various types: bricks, flats, smooth flats, small specialty pieces, larger specialty pieces, base plates, transparent pieces, weapons/holdable items, and figure parts. If I gave a lot of a particular color (like the green 2x4s and 2x6s from TMNT line) those will all be by themselves.

Return to “General discussion”