[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Do you what links to the "vanished" worlds? - Page 2 - Community

Do you what links to the "vanished" worlds?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I think he means the world's that disappeared

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 pm
You may be onto something Rogue-Elite,
Bossofbricks might have meant "do you want links to the vanished worlds?" Now it makes sense. If that was translated correctly, then: yes, I would want links to view all the sets of various past Mega Bloks/Construx Worlds.

Warning, the following joke about the difficulty of making sense of poorly written posts, contains educational information on ancient linguistics. So if you have no desire to learn at this time, stop reading now.

It is like we as a Mega Construx Forum Community have to be translators to an unknown language of a long gone "Vanished" culture! Like the Mycenaeans of Trojan War fame. And Rogue-Elite, I think you might be our version of Michael Ventris.

If you don't know who that is, he deciphered the Linear B script, that turned out to be an early version of the Greek language. A very tough thing to do, considering the relatively small amount of examples of the strange ancient script. Linear B was actually a syllabary, as opposed to an alphabet. Syllabary means that instead of a symbol representing a consonant or a vowel, it is a consonant + vowel sound, or just a vowel sound. An alphabet needs around 24 to 30 characters, but a syllabary needs about 90 or 100 (roughly). If you would like to know more, do an internet search on Michael Ventris and the Decipherment of Linear B. For some perspective of when Linear B was used, around the time of the Trojan War, so about 1100 b.c.

AiasOileus wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:52 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:55 pm
You may be onto something Rogue-Elite,
Bossofbricks might have meant "do you want links to the vanished worlds?" Now it makes sense. If that was translated correctly, then: yes, I would want links to view all the sets of various past Mega Bloks/Construx Worlds.

Warning, the following joke about the difficulty of making sense of poorly written posts, contains educational information on ancient linguistics. So if you have no desire to learn at this time, stop reading now.

It is like we as a Mega Construx Forum Community have to be translators to an unknown language of a long gone "Vanished" culture! Like the Mycenaeans of Trojan War fame. And Rogue-Elite, I think you might be our version of Michael Ventris.
That would be an awesome comic!

charliebucket, what part of my post are you implying would make a good comic?

I feel like now would be a good time to remind everyone that Bossofbricks is a known troll/spammer, who has been here for less than two months, and that multiple users have already asked for him to be banned. In all likelihood, this topic is utter nonsense, and all we've done by replying to it is indulged his petty, pathetic hobby.

On the off chance that he actually has found links to 'lost' worlds, I'd like to remind everyone that he's only been here two months. If he can find these 'missing' links, the rest of us could definitely do it ourselves.

Either way, there's no reason for us to be replying to this topic any further.

AiasOileus wrote:
Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:19 pm
charliebucket, what part of my post are you implying would make a good comic?
This part:

I have VERY bad spelling + grammar.

Bossofbricks wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 4:03 am
I have VERY bad spelling + grammar.
Yes, you have really bad spelling and grammar. What's your point?

Return to “General discussion”