[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Destiny... - Community

Destiny...

Got a question? Ask it here!
I have a question for the guardians at mega, I know it’s been a while sense you made new sets, but two expansions have come out sense, there’s room for tons of new sets, and with forsaken coming, there has to be new sets, why I say this, because without mega supporting the destiny fans, they could lose interest in your products, so I’m pretty much speaking for both sides, now I do understand it takes a while for new sets, but I noticed during last year and this year there were way more sets for halo then in destiny, so while I do not want to be rude, we need to know, are you still supporting the line, or are we just left searching the web for sets?

Oh and btw where I am all there is is 2016 sets, could you please get that sorted out?

I'm pretty sure the Halo lines have always had more sets than Destiny, so this isn't exactly a new development. Halo is a massive franchise that's been around for ages, and thus has a much bigger following, whereas Destiny is more recent and niche.

Helioskrill55 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:47 pm
I have a question for the guardians at mega, I know it’s been a while sense you made new sets, but two expansions have come out sense, there’s room for tons of new sets, and with forsaken coming, there has to be new sets, why I say this, because without mega supporting the destiny fans, they could lose interest in your products, so I’m pretty much speaking for both sides, now I do understand it takes a while for new sets, but I noticed during last year and this year there were way more sets for halo then in destiny, so while I do not want to be rude, we need to know, are you still supporting the line, or are we just left searching the web for sets?

Oh and btw where I am all there is is 2016 sets, could you please get that sorted out?
Well halo has been a license since presumably 2009, with sets first hitting shelves around 2010. Destiny has been a license presumably since about TTK with sets being release early 2016. Halo has a massive following although 343i killed a lot of the magic and has hurt the franchise a lot with there less then splendid story telling halo still is loved by many. Destiny had fought hard for its following and D2 burned it to the ground. Forsaken is that huge aha moment for destiny. It has the potential to deliver a story like the original Halo games wile at the same time surpassing the TTK from D1 and pulling the same moves as it in terms of getting the game back on track. Halo wile its been hurting has had enough to survive and keep some interest. Destiny has been in a no fly zone for awhile.

Now from E3 both game series look like they are moving in a direction to recapture the love and admiration that built them to begin with. Here is hoping that both can execute. Halo we got new sets coming presumably to meet the Halo 6 launch with sets like the Infinity ect. Destiny personally don't expect anything until around this September with the forsaken launch. Basically fall release cycle for sets.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:24 pm
Halo we got new sets coming presumably to meet the Halo 6 launch with sets like the Infinity ect.
Halo has also had a few relatively recent events that encouraged steady interest in the line - we recently celebrated the milestone Anniversary of Halo 3, and we also had the release of Halo Wars 2.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:38 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:24 pm
Halo we got new sets coming presumably to meet the Halo 6 launch with sets like the Infinity ect.
Halo has also had a few relatively recent events that encouraged steady interest in the line - we recently celebrated the milestone Anniversary of Halo 3, and we also had the release of Halo Wars 2.
Indeed, wile both have come to pass there far more notable then say a destiny exspancion.

I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about this.

I'm not so much worried about sets from this line keeping up with the in-game expansions so much as I'm concerned with sets coming out AT ALL. News this year on the front of the Destiny line has been almost completely silent. They weren't shown off at the New York Toy Fair for the first time since the line was unveiled only two years ago, and we've yet to see the release of any official images of the previously leaked Cabal Thresher set, or any whatsoever of the buildable Ghual set.

I fear this series is being quietly canceled like they did with World of Warcraft and Assassin's Creed, and that breaks my heart, because I myself and others still really love this line.

I just wish we could get some solid answers.

Vincentius-rex wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:10 pm
I'm glad I'm not the only one concerned about this.

I'm not so much worried about sets from this line keeping up with the in-game expansions so much as I'm concerned with sets coming out AT ALL. News this year on the front of the Destiny line has been almost completely silent. They weren't shown off at the New York Toy Fair for the first time since the line was unveiled only two years ago, and we've yet to see the release of any official images of the previously leaked Cabal Thresher set, or any whatsoever of the buildable Ghual set.

I fear this series is being quietly canceled like they did with World of Warcraft and Assassin's Creed, and that breaks my heart, because I myself and others still really love this line.

I just wish we could get some solid answers.
I am too, my friend, I am too.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”