[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Detail for CoD and Halo - Community

Detail for CoD and Halo

Got a question? Ask it here!
Why is the level of detail so different for the CoD sets and Halo Sets? For example the Legends Battle Tank set has SO MUCH MORE DETAIL than the Scorpion Sting set, This also includes the resin quality, Does age have to do with it? I've noticed that the CoD sets are 10+ while Halo is 8+......

ParziStudios wrote:
> Why is the level of detail so different for the CoD sets and Halo Sets? For
> example the Legends Battle Tank set has SO MUCH MORE DETAIL than the
> Scorpion Sting set, This also includes the resin quality, Does age have to
> do with it? I've noticed that the CoD sets are 10+ while Halo is 8+......

Bear in mind we haven't actually seen the "real" scorpion sting yet and that it's only in a game which at the time of this comment has not been released yet. And that the Legends tank is based on a real life tank (Sherman tank)
And the age difference could have to do with the fact Halo is humans fighting aliens and COD while there's no official enemies, it's human vs human or human vs former human (zombies).

The Halo 5 Multiplayer trailer shows the new scorpion, the turret that mega bloks created is not accurate and an almost lazy reuse from the prowler and wraith sets compared to the design in game

ParziStudios wrote:
> The Halo 5 Multiplayer trailer shows the new scorpion, the turret that mega
> bloks created is not accurate and an almost lazy reuse from the prowler and
> wraith sets compared to the design in game

Ok I haven't seen the multiplayer trailer but also bear in mind that MB were probably working on it using concept/prototypical images from before the in game one was finalised - the in game one might still not be finalised, they work on the game right up until the release date.
And again even if they got it accurate to the game, it'd still not be 100% since its based from something from a game where graphics can hide things and The COD Sherman is based on a real vehicle.

Also your comment regarding the MG turret, would you rather they spend money creating a new smaller mold of that piece which in turn raises the price of the sets? And I've seen a review which says its quite easy to correct that by taking out some stuff underneath the MG turret.

AkulA1996 Wrote:
>Also your comment regarding the MG turret, would you rather they spend money creating a new smaller mold of that piece which in turn raises the price of the sets? And I've seen a review which says its quite easy to correct that by taking out some stuff underneath the MG turret.

My Explanation and Contradiction :
Well, yes i would and here's why. Unlike we fans there are causal buyers from major retailers. Now lets say there are two brands of Halo themed sets, and both products are priced at the same retail price of (MRSP) of 54.00$. There are a couple of similarities as well as differences. Both sets are a halo 5 guardians themed variant of the scorpion, Both have a DLC code included and both include 3 Figures, 1 Spartan Buck , 1 Elite with a plasma cannon and 1 Spartan protector. The Mega Bloks Scorpion is made out of bricks, isn't game accurate and small. The other is Larger in size (Figures to scale with it). Has Lights and Sound, Diecast metal and has an ability to shoot small plastic projectiles and is game accurate (Think the Halo Universe line vehicles but much larger) Now casual people who buy toys obviously would go for the better of the two but also keep in mind that everyone's preferences are DIFFERENT..... Now obviously Mega Bloks would want people to buy their product right? so the simply answer >> Don't have stuff to mess up with in the first place especially if Consumers dislike it. And also.... The design cycle is not as tricky as it seems. 343 Industries provides final designs LONG BEFORE so that a company like Mega Bloks can recreate the vehicle in its own block form. So i don't see why they should make bad choices like the turret design, and cost reduction? The Money we pay Mega Bloks for their products should be a reason to make a specialized piece like in this instance.

Now for the Turret, I've seen that review also, and you need to cannibalize some pieces to make it work, however most casual buyers are not exactly collectors... and don't have pieces to use to make it work so......

ParziStudios wrote:
> AkulA1996 Wrote:
> >Also your comment regarding the MG turret, would you rather they spend money
> creating a new smaller mold of that piece which in turn raises the price of the sets?
> And I've seen a review which says its quite easy to correct that by taking out some
> stuff underneath the MG turret.
>
> My Explanation and Contradiction :
> Well, yes i would and here's why. Unlike we fans there are causal buyers from major
> retailers. Now lets say there are two brands of Halo themed sets, and both products
> are priced at the same retail price of (MRSP) of 54.00$. There are a couple of
> similarities as well as differences. Both sets are a halo 5 guardians themed variant
> of the scorpion, Both have a DLC code included and both include 3 Figures, 1 Spartan
> Buck , 1 Elite with a plasma cannon and 1 Spartan protector. The Mega Bloks Scorpion
> is made out of bricks, isn't game accurate and small. The other is Larger in size
> (Figures to scale with it). Has Lights and Sound, Diecast metal and has an ability to
> shoot small plastic projectiles and is game accurate (Think the Halo Universe line
> vehicles but much larger) Now casual people who buy toys obviously would go for the
> better of the two but also keep in mind that everyone's preferences are
> DIFFERENT..... Now obviously Mega Bloks would want people to buy their product right?
> so the simply answer >> Don't have stuff to mess up with in the first place
> especially if Consumers dislike it. And also.... The design cycle is not as tricky as
> it seems. 343 Industries provides final designs LONG BEFORE so that a company like
> Mega Bloks can recreate the vehicle in its own block form. So i don't see why they
> should make bad choices like the turret design, and cost reduction? The Money we pay
> Mega Bloks for their products should be a reason to make a specialized piece like in
> this instance.
>
> Now for the Turret, I've seen that review also, and you need to cannibalize some
> pieces to make it work, however most casual buyers are not exactly collectors... and
> don't have pieces to use to make it work so......

Contradiction time:
Comparing the mega bloks tank to the die cast tank isn't a good idea, they're two different materials and one is easier to mold than the other, and while you might have preferred the raise in price because of the new molding just for the turret (prices have probably been raised already because of the new elite articulation!) and the price increases would not be by a couple of pounds/dollars/euros it would be a minimum of 15 pound/dollars/euros, and for some that raises it above their price range.
And actually the review I watched didn't cannibalise anything, only removed a couple of pieces from under the turret.

Oh and no 343 doesn't always provide the final product before hand - even if they do theres absolutely no guarantee that it will appear in game. 343 will be working on the game right up to the days before release, Bungie (and 343) almost missed the original Halo 2 deadline because they were cutting stuff from the game.

Edit: Also let's not forget it's a kids toy - doesn't matter if it's based on an 18 rated game, it's still a toy, and parents have budgets, like I said the new mold can raise the price above what they can afford, the current price for it to a parent can seem like its too much because of the new elite mold.

I give up, Any ways my Actual point is the different level of detail in the Halo and CoD lines

ParziStudios wrote:
> I give up, Any ways my Actual point is the different level of detail in the
> Halo and CoD lines

And if you bothered to read my responses properly you would have found out why - COD vehicles are based on REAL things and real concepts (exception of Advanced Warfare and little bits of Black Ops based sets).

In all honesty, it looks like the set designer did the best that they could with the parts available.

Also, the comparison to the CoD Sherman only ends up refuting the initial point. While the Sherman is amazingly close to the look and lines of an actual tank of that model, the turret still has quite a few "accuracy problems", especially when it comes to the quarter-domes on the forward end behind the mantlet. The turret doesn't really match up to any of the assorted Sherman variants, which made it difficult for me to figure out which model it most closely resembled. (In case anyone cares, M4A3E2 is what I eventually settled on, but it could also pass for an M4A4)

Point is, as a huge Halo geek AND a huge history nerd, both tanks have areas where the model doesn't exactly match the source of inspiration. However, the shortcomings of both sets are miniscule, and they're both great looking and satisfying versions of their respective vehicles.

Community Team
Hey Parzi!

A simple answer to your question would be that the HUGE universes of Call of Duty and Halo are so different!

Ultimately, our toys are linked directly to the game, and we try to make our product as close to the game as we can. Halo and Call of Duty are extremely different games, with extremely different audiences, vehicles, buildings, looks, aesthetics, etc!

Also, you have to keep in mind that these games are also marketed to slightly different age groups, different audiences, etc, and our toys reflect the boundaries of the game itself. While there are a lot of great ways that the two brands can cross paths share resources in our production process, ultimately they are different brands, and the final product will be different from each other.

I hope this helped clear some things up for you :)

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”