[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Welcome our Mega Construx Designers! - Page 4 - Community

Welcome our Mega Construx Designers!

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Toy Designer
JoeFilms wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:55 pm
I have one question: Is there any way we could get a Halo 3 set with Chief and the Arbiter? Those figures were never available near me, and I'm gonna need them for a big project!
Hi JoeFilms,

Chief and Arbiter are important characters in our Halo line. You have not seen the last of them :)

I hate slamming you two with questions, as this isn’t a QnA, but do you have any say in what sets you design? Or do you just get told what to make by a higher up?

Guys can we get bad guys in call of duty like cartel members please?

Toy Designer
YrkanesAbattoir wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:57 am
Hello Kevin and Felipe! Thanks for taking the time to answer some of the communities' questions. My question is in two parts; roughly how long does it take to get a figure from the idea stage to being produced and how is it decided what figure gets to be produced?
Hi YrkanesAbattoir!

The evolution of a figure (or a building set) varies depending on each project . Roughly speaking, it generally follow these steps. The design team is involved in almost every step along the way.

First ,we agree on which character we want to make. For this, the design team creates a short list of candidates for which we weigh pros and cons. Once the character is picked, we figure out what new parts are needed and get our design sculptors involved. They sculpt the new parts, assemble the characters in 3D software and output solid versions using 3D printing.

We go through various reviews with marketing, toy engineers, costing engineers, project managers, the licensor and executives. At each stage, the toy changes and evolves according to the feedback we receive (Creating a toy is very much a team effort).

Once the final design is ready, the baton is passed to the production team. They will create any new molds, test them, mold all the parts, paint, bag parts, print packaging, print instruction sheets, assemble the final toy, package it and ship it to customers.

From beginning to end, it can take a few months to over a year.

Toy Designer
Spartanz19 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:04 pm
I hate slamming you two with questions, as this isn’t a QnA, but do you have any say in what sets you design? Or do you just get told what to make by a higher up?
Hi Spartanz19! No worries, ask away. We're happy to answer what we can.

The answer to your question is both. Creating a toy is a collaborative effort. Good ideas come from everywhere. The design team usually receives broad guidelines from our marketing team requesting a certain number of new sets each season. After that we propose ideas and concepts that we think fulfill the request. However, when we think we have a good idea, sometimes it works the other way around!

Kevin_MCX wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:48 pm
Spartanz19 wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:04 pm
Hi Spartanz19! No worries, ask away. We're happy to answer what we can.

The answer to your question is both. Creating a toy is a collaborative effort. Good ideas come from everywhere. The design team usually receives broad guidelines from our marketing team requesting a certain number of new sets each season. After that we propose ideas and concepts that we think fulfill the request. However, when we think we have a good idea, sometimes it works the other way around!
Do you ever take inspiration for new set ideas based upon custom creations that people post in the gallery?

Uh. Please respond. Can we get bad guy sets like terrorists and cartel

ArchesRat wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:57 pm
Uh. Please respond. Can we get bad guy sets like terrorists and cartel
I think you're asking the wrong people. If you scroll back to where Kevin and Felipe first introduced themselves, you'll see that neither of them currently work on the CoD line.

Kevin_MCX wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:36 pm
YrkanesAbattoir wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:57 am
Hello Kevin and Felipe! Thanks for taking the time to answer some of the communities' questions. My question is in two parts; roughly how long does it take to get a figure from the idea stage to being produced and how is it decided what figure gets to be produced?
Hi YrkanesAbattoir!

The evolution of a figure (or a building set) varies depending on each project . Roughly speaking, it generally follow these steps. The design team is involved in almost every step along the way.

First ,we agree on which character we want to make. For this, the design team creates a short list of candidates for which we weigh pros and cons. Once the character is picked, we figure out what new parts are needed and get our design sculptors involved. They sculpt the new parts, assemble the characters in 3D software and output solid versions using 3D printing.

We go through various reviews with marketing, toy engineers, costing engineers, project managers, the licensor and executives. At each stage, the toy changes and evolves according to the feedback we receive (Creating a toy is very much a team effort).

Once the final design is ready, the baton is passed to the production team. They will create any new molds, test them, mold all the parts, paint, bag parts, print packaging, print instruction sheets, assemble the final toy, package it and ship it to customers.

From beginning to end, it can take a few months to over a year.
Thank you for the very informative answer :) I'm looking forward to guys posting some of your creations!

Well, if you’re fine with questions, have either of you ever worked on one of the signature series sets? And if I could make a suggestion, would be to PLEASE make large terrain sets. Heck, I’d love a signature series New Mombasa for Halo.

Return to “General discussion”