[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Welcome our Mega Construx Designers! - Page 9 - Community

Welcome our Mega Construx Designers!

General news and information related to Mega Construx
ccbrowning5 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:11 am
I have a question for the MCX staff. When you were kids did you ever imagine yourself where you are right now?
I'm gonna state my own opinion or whatever, when I was younger I hoped I could work for [competitor] (back before I knew about Mega) now I want to work for Mega :-), I know I'm not who your asking or anything, I just wanted to tell someone that. :-)

Toy Designer
ccbrowning5 wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:11 am
I have a question for the MCX staff. When you were kids did you ever imagine yourself where you are right now?
Hello Ccbrowning5,

As a kid (as many of other kids) I wanted to be many things (like an astronaut :P), but there were more specific patterns that lead me to where I am right now. Like for example: I used to take things apart, modify them, I used to improve my toys by adding more features (mix & matching different component from other toys), I used to make new accessories for my action figures (using different materials) and I had a good collection of toys composed of different brands.
Becoming a designer was more a discovery after finishing high school, I happened to discover what was Industrial Design and I fell in love with that career. After finishing University, I had the chance to start designing toys and it’s been my passion ever since.

May I ask what degrees are necessary to be a designer?

Spartanz19 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 pm
Not as much as a medical docter, that's for sure.

Survivor11 wrote:
Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:39 am
Spartanz19 wrote:
Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:13 pm
Not as much as a medical docter, that's for sure.
Definitely.

Another question:

There are many properties I would enjoy figures from that you do not hold the licenses for. Unfortunately, I am no Customizer.

Is there any chance of blank MCX figures? Say for example, various solid colored generic figures for the purpose of kit bashing? There could be Sword & Sorcery figures, Ninjas, Vikings, armored medieval warriors, and maybe pirates.

Okay I gotta ask... Do you all collect what you have a hand in designing, or do you all collect at all?

To the Mega Construx designers.

I really love the fact that you're involved with the Mega Construx community. It was really a breath of fresh air when you arrived and began to join in the chat. Having said that, I have not seen so much of it recently but.... never mind.
Can I ask a favour?
Can you check if any of the Mega Construx Marketing and distribution team would consider joining?
Frankly, it doesn't matter what fantastic products you people create (and they are truly fantastic) if many of us can't actually buy them at anything less than ridiculous prices.

I am beginning to go into whining mode (which I hate doing) but I want to spend money with you.

I have to concur. MCX needs to take more steps to get their fantastic product out there.

I Agree with Tony G . I asked my question twice and twice I’ve been ignored . Mega Construx doesn’t really seem to want to address the issue with they’re distribution . But whatever I guess . I’ll put my money somewhere else seeming as everything I find is over priced online or never in stock at the store. (Walmart,Target, even GameStop) it’s too bad . I really love what they could do (have done) with Halo ..

Return to “General discussion”