[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
BUILD CHALLENGE! - Page 2 - Community

BUILD CHALLENGE!

Tips & Tricks
Community Team
TheRealBoo101 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:55 pm
I'm sorry but I can't participate, one is because I don't have a lot of Mega Construx bricks (and especially ones not separated from [competitor] one), 2 I don't really take the time to choose the color, 3 I'm not too talented at making vehicles, 4 everyone has a lot better skill then me, so I'm not gonna even try, plus 50 bricks or less, yeah no can do, plus I don't take apart sets.
Everyone can build! You would not be collecting MCX sets if you didn't have an interest in building and creating awesome things! We believe you're skilled in your own way and that should not stop you. If you have extra pieces lying around, we encourage you to take a second look... there might be a build in there waiting for you to discover!

We hope you reconsider! 👍

Oooooooh, I have an idea that the Team will hopefully love. Stay tuned...

I had done many micro builds- I can do this!
Does it have to be a made-up vehicle or can we make mini vehicles that already existed in , say, Halo universe? What's the limit for enteries?

Community Team
Spartanz19 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:38 am
Oooooooh, I have an idea that the Team will hopefully love. Stay tuned...
SO EXCITE!

Community Team
thekiller2468 wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:01 pm
I had done many micro builds- I can do this!
Does it have to be a made-up vehicle or can we make mini vehicles that already existed in , say, Halo universe?
It can be a car, helicopter, three-wheeled hill drifter, warthog, helios... what ever you want! It just has to be a vehicle built with as few bricks as possible!

You can do it!

This is gonna be fun, I'm entering!

Now that I get what a micro build is, I'll try to make the Mega Army Halo battle ship!

Here's the process for them in current day of repairing it.

I ment pic one of it, not the rest BTW.

Still a little messy though lol!

MCX_Team wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:39 am
charliebucket wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:14 pm
Sounds fun. I'll give it a go. So it has to be micro-scale, it can't be an ATV or a motorbike or something that is figure-scale but uses 50 pieces or less?
It can be any kind of vehicle you like, but in micro scale - try to build it with as few bricks as possible!

GAME ON!
OK gotcha thanks.

One thing I love on the forums is that the MCX Team is so active on them. No offense to Cary but in the old days she would rarely reply to us. Thanks MCX Team!

Toy Designer
Great entries so far, keep 'em coming!

If you’re having trouble coming up with ideas for the first round of the build challenge, here are a few examples to help you get going!

First is the iconic space shuttle. The shuttle itself is made of 10 parts and the boosters about 30.

Second is an army tank made up of about 50 pieces (those wheels add up quickly!)

Lastly, a bi-plane made up of about 25 pieces.

-
More info on the build challenge:
Every month we’ll be throwing down a new theme to test your creativity. If you truly believe you’re a Beyonder, then step up to the plate and get ready to build something completely custom and truly awesome!

So, are you ready for the first theme?

Micro Building – Vehicles

Why “micro”? Because you can’t use a million parts!

Here’re the rules:
- Build any vehicle with as few bricks as possible – 50 pieces maximum (!)
- Upload at least 3 photos of your custom vehicle to the gallery – make sure each photo is from a different angle
- Name your project the following: Build Challenge #1 – Micro Building: Vehicle – [your vehicle’s name]

Your custom builds we be judged on detail, use of parts, and originality. Entries will be reposted on our official Instagram account and winner(s) will be announced later in the month.

Don’t have enough matching pieces? No problem! Build it anyways. We’re looking for technique and ability above all else. You don’t need matching colors to bring your vision to life – just a rockin’ design!

And that’s it. Time to put your creativity to the test. Let’s see what you got. Oh yeah, and no kitbashing!

Return to “Custom builds & Modifications”