[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Is there hope for Battlescapes? - Community

Is there hope for Battlescapes?

Got a question? Ask it here!
Once upon a time, there were battlescapes. Now they’re gone, and cost hundreds on 3rd party websites, so I was wondering: @Kevin_MCX @MCX_Team Is there any chance at all of the return battlescapes?

Yes! Maybe in the 10th anniversary series?

nigelninja11 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 11:22 pm
Yes! Maybe in the 10th anniversary series?
This is a great point!

I would love to see these make a comeback! I remember when I got one on clearance at TRU many years ago. I wish I had grabbed more but they were gone by the time I made it back.

Oh heck no, the battlescapes were horrible. Too much molding which made them not universally usable. Rather see mega just invest in some large geneneric base plates with terrain you can build up. Lots of plants, rocks and other terrain pieces included.

KevinHurd wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 pm
Oh heck no, the battlescapes were horrible. Too much molding which made them not universally usable. Rather see mega just invest in some large geneneric base plates with terrain you can build up. Lots of plants, rocks and other terrain pieces included.
Heretic! Heretic! Heretic!

KevinHurd wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:53 pm
I both agree and disagree, I want massive molded parts for terrain, I think the battlescapes were some of the best things they made. However there wasn't nearly eenough stud connectors for figures on them. I'd also love to see some of the dragons theme rock pieaces come back. Along with the more detailed plants and some well designed buildable battlescapes pieces. In short I want the older style base plates to be expanded on with more complexity and detail.

I fully agree with the Admiral here, the problem with the landscapes was the lack of studs. Without them you might as well use miniature landscapes like for a model train layout or Warhammer. I was really happy to see the battle beasts had the ability to snap down. The Warcraft tiger drives me crazy that I have to use poster tack to attach it to the ground to pose it.

I am a big fan of the old dragon rocks if you have seen my comic I use a lot of them. They have gotten really expensive on ebay which I feel like I contributed too. OK I know I didn't, but its weird how much they went up since I started buying them off ebay. It is a good start to have the tropical pack out which I have bought several of, but I hope they keep getting bigger and bigger on that front. A battle scape that is covered in studs much like the old pyrates mountain would be a welcome addition.

LishaThorne wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:37 pm
I fully agree with the Admiral here, the problem with the landscapes was the lack of studs. Without them you might as well use miniature landscapes like for a model train layout or Warhammer. I was really happy to see the battle beasts had the ability to snap down. The Warcraft tiger drives me crazy that I have to use poster tack to attach it to the ground to pose it.

I am a big fan of the old dragon rocks if you have seen my comic I use a lot of them. They have gotten really expensive on ebay which I feel like I contributed too. OK I know I didn't, but its weird how much they went up since I started buying them off ebay. It is a good start to have the tropical pack out which I have bought several of, but I hope they keep getting bigger and bigger on that front. A battle scape that is covered in studs much like the old pyrates mountain would be a welcome addition.
Actually it very well could have been beacuse of you depending on how many you bought. If you cleanned out all supply, the little demaned vs supply shifts exponetially. Meaning the remaining sky rocket in price as the supply has dropped yet the demand is hasent changed. Also the fact that on ebay, there will be selllers who slap a 1000$ price tag on something and are more then content to hold on to that item for 10 years untill demand finally meets the avaible supply and someone buys the product. ( note my example, last time I checked anyway there has been a FUD floating around on ebay for 700$, its been that way for 3 years)

So, after reading this, I got to thinking: what if we got new molded battlescapes? They *theoretically* could meld/blend/connect with the old ones, would be hollow and cheap so they are massable, and come in colors like desert tan and woodland green. No figures would have to be included, either. What do you guys think about this? And @MCX_Team , would this even be a feasible idea from a business/production standpoint?

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”