[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Pick A Brick, Mega Style - Community

Pick A Brick, Mega Style

Got a question? Ask it here!
I have a lot of projects that I start, but i always seem to run out of pieces. Now, back when I did this with [competitor] it was no problem. i could just go onto the Pick A Brick shop, buy some pieces, and just keep building. It would also be nice if items such as weapons were added to the page to help re-arm figures, as I have a lot of figures without guns. I'd like to see what other people think of this idea. Thanks.

Hawk,

You are not alone in wanting a Mega version of the Pick-A-Brick service. While basic blocks aren't too hard to get, I find that getting enough of the special/non-common pieces is problematic at best and in most cases almost impossible.
As often as this subject comes up in various threads in just about every topic on this board, I'm hoping the powers that be at Mega/Mattel will take notice and get something set up. Although so far Cary says there are no plans for it as of yet (hopefully that just means there are no plans that can be shared with us right now).

I completely agree. Though I'm not sure how MB could get it to work, seeing as how they've got so many specialized pieces, and specialized paint-schemes for existing pieces.

For now I just plan to use [competitor]'s Pick-A-Brick service for Megabloks custom builds. (Something about tearing apart and using pieces from sets bothers me, and feels disorganized. If I custom build, I'm going to specifically buy all the pieces I need for it.)

Perhaps they could offer color packs with all the necessary Bloks to do a color change on select sets. For example, a pack with all of the tan Bloks in the Light Armor Firebase set done in camo green or dark grey.

Parts And Pieces Store online should happen

just like Brick Link . com

we should ask and have them make or grab off of the shelfs pieces and parts for Figures. like heads, vest, guns, legs, arms, and different form of colors to choose from
and the same for Vehicles, buildings, etc

but also
Building Floor sets
a user on here talking about a cool idea i think should happen
ChewyBricks.
Chewy please reply here for your ideas. i Like them! lol

anyway what i was think from what Chewy was talking about

i also though. hey why not just sell some Big Crate Boxes of Random Parts and Pieces for UNSC, Forrunner, and Covenent, and flood.
like we can have a big box as big as the Mammoth or Scarab box. full of so many pieces to build Vehicles, Figures, Buildings and what not. and make more and more of these Randomly. like each create could have different figures or Vehicles inside to build out of.
like a Big Crate Box thats green and says UNSC Set, a Big Purple Covenant Set, Grey Forrunner, and tan Flood set.

but yes i would love to order me a Black Mark IV Helmet to change my Emile Figure to a Custom made Spartan of my own.
and i would love to Order Guns and ask them to detail the Paint onto them for extra $1 or 2 if we have to.
same for the Figures. like the Helmets and Body armor.

They can do it online. Put basic colors in all shapes and sizes and then have the bricks the have that special effect. :)

A subscription based bulk box is a great idea. Even though we would be able to pick specific bricks it would be a good way to build up a large collection of bricks over time and save Mega the expense of having to keep so many bricks "in stock" to keep an online store supplied. I can see were Mega wouldn't want to tie up the resources and overhead to supply the vocal minority with a online store version but sending out a shoe box or smaller box full of random bricks each month (or quarterly)to a couple of dozen people for a reasonable price might be a more viable option.
Another option i've seen done is to allow a once a year bulk order. Mega could put out a list of available parts and then we the fans would have to order X dollars worth of bricks to participate. This option can be expensive but you would get a large amount of bricks.

Heck ya we could buy BIG CRATES of TAN Bricks, Blue Bricks, or Green or Brown so we can have Huge different styles of Landscape and Buildings.

and maybe buy FACTIONS of each BIG Crate of Bricks for UNSC, MNPD, Uhh Minors. i notice they made a Construction Cyclops. so what are they Firemen or Construction workers? or Construction UNSC Workers?

anyway ya like i said the BIG BOX CRATE idea for Lanbscapes OR Factions idea would be amazing
what would be even better is if The Crate GAVE us instructions to Build A Curtain Landscape, Building AND Vehicles. all in ONE WITH Figures. like a list of 8 figures total to give us More stuff.
AND the instructions could CHANGE IT UP. like you buiild this one landscape, building and vehicles. and you still have all these OTHER parts. and the instructions show you more things to do so you can take it all apart and Build a DIFFERENT Landscape, building, and Vehicle.
and the Kids would go to town with this stuff.

also i wish REACH had its own Create. so i could build some towns or Villages from the First level of the game. i wish there were Planet Creates of difference Atmopsheres that took place from all the Halo games.

also about some SMALL Crates for CUSTOM FIGURE ARMORS. specally for COD also.
so we could go to town and make custom Marines, ODST, Spartans, Covenant what ever we want
and it could say. UNSC BULE Crate, RED CRATE, ORANGE Crate, have different colors for each different faction so it wont be piled up together. its Seperated for each different Color to choose from.
and people could go to town with about 20 different Figures to Customize with OVER 100 pieces. like let us change the Arms and Legs also like in different forms or color. to mach or create different looks.
COMPLETELY Customize the Figure in all those forms. instead of just the Weist, shoulders, chest, belt, and head, just allow also the arms, and legs too. or the change of the hips and chest if wanted too.

but ya deffinitly make some Crates for FIGURES, specially for REACH Spartans Seperate from HALO 4 Spartans.
i perfer REACH myself. i like there armor more.

Even if it's not custom sets of parts, I really would like an option to just buy all the parts in bulk for a large stand similar to the Spartan Tribute Pack.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”