[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
3 Things Mega Needs To Do To Triumph - Page 4 - Community

3 Things Mega Needs To Do To Triumph

General news and information related to Mega Construx
These are great points. I've taken the three sets and mixed matched bodies and heads. To make civilians. It's possible. I'd like to see a civilian setup. Even like a bike gang. Or a group of blue collar/white collar working set. To add to story lines. Even a NASCAR Legends group. But with COD style figs. Maybe even cowboys and indians. It's an unlimited imagination of cool stuff. M.B. Just take my $. Hahaha.

Jason-101 wrote: Even a NASCAR Legends group. But with COD style figs.
It isn't exactly NASCAR but I've been eye balling the Hot Wheels Mega Bloks sets quite a bit and the only thing that has held me back from fully embracing them is the lack of COD style driver figures. If we received a line of race cars (or heck even Acceleracers style cars) with fully articulated drivers ....i'd buy in.

I'm already close to buying a few more specific Hot Wheels sets to use with COD figures.

the hot wheels cars are pretty cool

But thats why since CoD has Dogs for Figures and the awesome Accesories and Articulated Figures.

is why i always wanted the MAD MAX idea to happen.
becuase think about all the extra Accesories and Survival Gear you could add and throw in the back seat or trunk of the Interceptor or on Maxs Weist or Sides or on his back or backpack lol

Roy-Focker wrote:the hot wheels cars are pretty cool

is why i always wanted the MAD MAX idea to happen.
becuase think about all the extra Accesories and Survival Gear you could add and throw in the back seat or trunk of the Interceptor or on Maxs Weist or Sides or on his back or backpack lol
The Hot Wheels brand combined with Mattel's Wheeled Warriors brand would make for a good work around concerning the licensing & inherent violent nature of the Mad Max franchise.

The fantasy element of the Wheeled Warriors brand is where they could apply a lot of the wasteland punk characters & asthetics to vehicles with no point of reference in reality. Mitigating licensing issues & parental concerns over violence.

The Hot Wheels brand is where they make cars that aren't necessarily licensed, but are close enough to get the desired features of the car. A set that looks like a 1973 XB GT Ford Falcon Coupe, but isn't. A set that looks like a Cadillac or El-Camino, but isn't. Kind of like how Hot Wheels did it in the early days, & how Grand Theft Auto does it now. Close enough to make a reference, but not enough to make licensing a thing.

Fans & collectors buy the sets & combine them, unofficially of course, to get their very own V-8 Interceptors, Giga Horses, etc..

I think they need to paint eyes on the assassins creed guys. Next to a light there eyes are sometimes red its creep!

I agree with all of these, but I feel the first two are far more important than the third. Civilians would be more of a "nice touch" than a crucial change like a direct store and brick packs.

Direct retail from Mega would be amazing. There are times it can be next to impossible for me to find a set in my area, they do tend to come in late if at all over here. Amazon can definitely scalp you and retailers can be notoriously hit or miss.

I'd really like a bulk brick box and appreciate a BrickLink style site, but for me it would not be as crucial - I don't do as much individual building at this time so it is a moot point for me.

Civilians would be amazing for me. I purchased some of the Blok Squad sets for the ATVs and converted them to Halo-style and would love rescue and police crews to go with them. Construction, fire, police, and medical/EMT figures in CoD/Halo scale would definitely be huge for me.

I am a huge [competitor] collector, but just started collecting COD. The thing that attracted me to the brand was the detail in the WWII sets found at TRU. Normally I check out the [competitor] aisle, but last week I strayed into the "other" building set aisle and was interested in what Mega Bloks offered.

First off MB needs more visibility in the toy aisle. [competitor] marketing is 100x more visible.

Second, MB needs more licensed themes. [competitor] has probably the two most popular licenses Star Wars and Marvel. Stars Wars saved [competitor] back in 2000 from being irrelevant.

Third, encourage the fan community with customization by selling parts or supporting a secondary market in parts.

Finally standardize the mini figure and parts. I bought some Marvel MB blind packs about 5 years ago and noticed an improved quality in the COD figures with better articulation and design. [competitor] mini figures have not changed in over 30 years.

I will still buy [competitor], but will support MB COD because [competitor] will not produce modern military themes.

Hi all, im new here
i have to say after searching high and low in my home town and neighbouring city here in the UK, didnt find a single collecter set in any toy shop. High street availability just isnt happening, thats what id love to see more of, a bit more exposure to the masses.
Toysrus is my last resort, but is a pain to get to.

What they do have an online shop??? What are u talking about?

Return to “General discussion”