[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega-Verse "Retired Thread" - Page 118 - Community

Mega-Verse "Retired Thread"

Tell your own story!

TheMegaContruxtors wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:53 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:36 pm
117 pages!

You guys still here? I need someone to keep me company while I’m waiting for Reach matchmaking.

So boring! Takes forever!!

Wish we were breaking glass. I like breaking glass!
You're doing Halo at 10 p.m.?
When do you sleep? I go to bed at 10:30 at the earliest. Plus you’re up reading MCX at 10 so...

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:17 pm
Any more questions?
What’s the best and worst thing about MV?

nigelninja11 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:27 pm
What’s the best and worst thing about MV?
I had to think about this for a long while. There's a lot of arbitrary responses I considered, but in the end I think the best and worst things about working on the Mega-Verse (for me, at least) are the same thing:

You guys.

The readers. The fans.

I love the positive responses. I love it when people say they're enjoying the story. I love it when I see comments reacting to my latest twist or tragedy. I love seeing how my comics have inspired or motivated other users. That's the sort of response I live for, the reason why I keep telling stories.

On the flipside, there are the obnoxious, lazy, overbearing, or needlessly critical readers. The people who talk down to me in their comments, who whine about details that aren't up to their standards, who can't be bothered to keep track of the story and demand to be told what they've missed. For me, that's the worst part, dealing with self-proclaimed experts and self-important nitpickers who think they know better or are more deserving of attention.

EDIT: I feel like I may have ended that on a bad note. I'm not saying that I don't welcome or appreciate legitimate constructive criticism, but I have no patience or tolerance for comments like 'how do the humans and aliens understand each other' or 'Spartans don't die that easily, he should've been able to take down all of those guys effortlessly', or 'why did my character have to die', and so on. I'm trying to tell a story. Stories need to have stakes. If everyone lived, or every character was an unstoppable killing machine, then there'd be no stakes.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:06 pm
Sat May 25, 2019 10:53 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 10:36 pm
117 pages!

You guys still here? I need someone to keep me company while I’m waiting for Reach matchmaking.

So boring! Takes forever!!

Wish we were breaking glass. I like breaking glass!
You're doing Halo at 10 p.m.?
When do you sleep? I go to bed at 10:30 at the earliest. Plus you’re up reading MCX at 10 so...
11:00 sometimes 12 or 1:00

I am back! Any questions you want me to ask, please post them here!

charliebucket wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:05 am
I have a question I want you to ask.

Sun May 26, 2019 12:08 am
charliebucket wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:05 am
I have a question I want you to ask.
I'm trying to discreetly mention your accidental typo.

Also, what do you use for speech bubbles?

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”