[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Going to 343i - Community

Going to 343i

Builds & Discussions
If you guys have any questions to ask about Halo 5 , i'll be happy to share it with 343i

ParziStudios wrote:If you guys have any questions to ask about Halo 5 , i'll be happy to share it with 343i
Who decided the spartan abilities was a good idea?
and
Why ruin the game with spartan abilities has 343 learned nothing from Reach?

In all seriousness though: Where do the Promethean soldiers come from/Whats the story behind them, and crawlers and watchers for that matter since we know that knights were ancient humans, so were crawlers like ancient dogs? And watchers ancient birds?

Also I've only seen crawlers and soldiers in the trailers, so what happened to knights?

Oh and on a none-halo 5 related note - Can we get a halo game from the first contact between humans and covies with a human campaign (from a harvest volunteer point of view preferably Or through Sgt Johnsons view if you stick to one character)and a covie one? I've read the book and I think it'd be awesome if it were to become a game.

And can we get a game from a grunts point of view lol :D

Edit: oh and why in halo 4 did they make jackals look more like mutant fish (piranha heads anyone?) instead of the "bird-like" jackals?

AkulA1996 wrote:
ParziStudios wrote:If you guys have any questions to ask about Halo 5 , i'll be happy to share it with 343i
and

In all seriousness though: Where do the Promethean soldiers come from/Whats the story behind them, and crawlers and watchers for that matter since we know that knights were ancient humans, so were crawlers like ancient dogs? And watchers ancient birds?

Also I've only seen crawlers and soldiers in the trailers, so what happened to knights?

Oh and on a none-halo 5 related note - Can we get a halo game from the first contact between humans and covies with a human campaign (from a harvest volunteer point of view preferably Or through Sgt Johnsons view if you stick to one character)and a covie one? I've read the book and I think it'd be awesome if it were to become a game.

Edit: oh and why in halo 4 did they make jackals look more like mutant fish (piranha heads anyone?) instead of the "bird-like" jackals?
Most of those questions we already know. The crawlers and watchers are simply basic AI like the sentinels. A soldier is one variant of a "Promethean Armiger", which we know nothing about yet. Knights are present in Warzone footage as well as the recently released opening cinematic.

The canon reason for the jackal change, was that the ones encountered in Halo 4 are a different race, similar to how the skirmishers are a different race.

LegobRick100 wrote:
AkulA1996 wrote:
and

Most of those questions we already know. The crawlers and watchers are simply basic AI like the sentinels. A soldier is one variant of a "Promethean Armiger", which we know nothing about yet. Knights are present in Warzone footage as well as the recently released opening cinematic.

The canon reason for the jackal change, was that the ones encountered in Halo 4 are a different race, similar to how the skirmishers are a different race.
I haven't seen war zone footage nor do I want to and Crawlers and Watchers are basic AI, still doesn't answer the question because if that's the case Knights are just basic AI.

And I asked why they changed the jackals, the reason of being a different race isn't a good enough answer to my question, ok I'll rephrase my question - Why change species of jackal (which it's still labelled a jackal and supposed to look like a bird) and change it to look like a fish on a body of a normal jackal?

[/quote]I haven't seen war zone footage nor do I want to and Crawlers and Watchers are basic AI, still doesn't answer the question because if that's the case Knights are just basic AI.

And I asked why they changed the jackals, the reason of being a different race isn't a good enough answer to my question, ok I'll rephrase my question - Why change species of jackal (which it's still labelled a jackal and supposed to look like a bird) and change it to look like a fish on a body of a normal jackal?[/quote]

It does answer your question. You asked what crawlers/watchers are, I answered. While Knights were derived from composed humans/biological Prometheans, the crawlers and watchers were created completely artificially. In the same way a sentinel is. They were programmed.

Probably because the Storm Covenant are the remains of a fleet that was isolated for long periods of time. Perhaps the Covenant segregated these different races of jackal. It's possible that the relationship is similar to humans and neanderthals.

LegobRick100 wrote:
I haven't seen war zone footage nor do I want to and Crawlers and Watchers are basic AI, still doesn't answer the question because if that's the case Knights are just basic AI.

And I asked why they changed the jackals, the reason of being a different race isn't a good enough answer to my question, ok I'll rephrase my question - Why change species of jackal (which it's still labelled a jackal and supposed to look like a bird) and change it to look like a fish on a body of a normal jackal?[/quote]

It does answer your question. You asked what crawlers/watchers are, I answered. While Knights were derived from composed humans/biological Prometheans, the crawlers and watchers were created completely artificially. In the same way a sentinel is. They were programmed.

Probably because the Storm Covenant are the remains of a fleet that was isolated for long periods of time. Perhaps the Covenant segregated these different races of jackal. It's possible that the relationship is similar to humans and neanderthals.[/quote]

How would you know crawlers and watchers are just AI, knights share and I'm quoting from halo 4 "the same cordial footprint" - cortana talking about the crawlers being related to the knights. If they have the same "footprint" and if crawlers and watchers are just AI then knights are just AI and 343 got it wrong in their game.

Also about the jackals, neanderthals still looked like humans. These jackals don't look like the others at all. It's not even close to being similar to bird-like, the previous ones were. These ones are more fish than anything else.

They can still have the same footprint while having different origins.

Crawlers, Watchers, and Soldiers are straight-up just AIs. Knights have been Confirmed to be composed Humans.

And? Humans and Neanderthals still inhabited the same planet. Imagine a galaxy-spanning empire. Chances are, every single tiny deviation in environment would result in RADICALLY different genetic development within a species.

why did they ruin memories of reach by putting a helios phaeton instead of a flippin falcon?

Did you know that 343 hired people that hated halo, so maybe that's why they make halo 4 and beyond suck a bit or more

Return to “Halo”