[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
End of Halo Mega Construx? - Community

End of Halo Mega Construx?

Got a question? Ask it here!
After randomly perusing the interwebs for news about Halo Infinite, I ran into several articles published on July 15 stating that Wicked Cool Toys had signed a license to produce "several categories of toys including action figures, vehicles, playsets, plush and role-play" for Halo Infinite which is coming in holiday 2020. (343 Industries Teams Up With Wicked Cool Toys For Highly Anticipated Halo Infinite on License Global)

Does this mean that Mattel has lost/forfeited its license for Halo toys? Is this the end of Halo Mega Construx?

I'm hoping it isn't the end. But, I also noticed on Wicked Cool Toys website that they had made a partnership with the toy company that bought Galoob to release a new line of Micro Machines. Does this leave open the possibility that Mattel may partner with WCT on Halo products in the future?

nigelninja11 wrote:I would think not.
Given that Mattel recently let go of the DC license, why is it that you think they wouldn't be willing to do the same for Halo? I imagine that DC is a far more important/profitable license than Halo.

DemonKnightIndustries wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:55 am
Given that Mattel recently let go of the DC license, why is it that you think they wouldn't be willing to do the same for Halo? I imagine that DC is a far more important/profitable license than Halo.
I think Halo is making the most profits for the Mega Brands division of Mattel. It would be foolish for them to let go of that line, especially with Halo: Infinite coming out.

You have no common sense.

Has anyone ever told you that?

I mean, they are still producing Halo sets, so logically they still have the license.

I'm pretty sure that I've lost too many of my brain cells arguing with people, but even I can figure it out.

Survivor11 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:35 pm
You have no common sense.

Has anyone ever told you that?

I mean, they are still producing Halo sets, so logically they still have the license.

I'm pretty sure that I've lost too many of my brain cells arguing with people, but even I can figure it out.
You came through for me man. I was waiting for some back up.

But I wasn’t expecting special-forces.

Community Team
Already squashed this rumour on Twitter, but I'm gonna say it here again. The deal with Wicked Cool Toys has no impact on Mega's relationship with 343 Industries.

The way licensing deals are negotiated in the toy industry, there is a thing called the "master toy license," which usually includes things like action figures, playsets, etc. But then you can have more specific licensing deals for things like plush toys, collectibles, and of course construction.

We have the license for Halo construction. We didn't lose it. We're not planning to lose it anytime soon.

Plus, it's clear there will be more coming, thanks to this post

[gallery]Flash-Forward-Friday-?-Overshield-Chief-?-Sure-,-Why-Not-?[/gallery]

Toy Designer
What Yan_MCX said. And 81 Ceta_Deta too.

Thanks for clarifying. I was going to say the press release doesn't mention building toys, so you could tell by its omission that Mega likely still has the Halo building toy rights.

Mattel didn't "let go" of the DC license. Spin Master pitched the WB/DC regarding their potential plans for the DC license, offered up X amount of money and were able to acquire the rights. There are other factors at work as well, but Mattel would have liked to keep the DC license.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”