[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Green Machine vs. Banished Marauder - Page 3 - Community

Green Machine vs. Banished Marauder

Got a question? Ask it here!
Community Team
Oof!

There's a lot of speculation in this thread and I can't really address every point directly. But generally speaking, scalpers or stolen shipments are not the problem. The truth is much more boring. It's a combination of a few business miscalculations and some unforeseen events beyond our control (like the TRU closure).

I'm working on a bigger post that tells the full story, but there's a lot to say and I'm trying not to turn it into a 10,000 word essay.

Yan_MCX wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 am
Oof!

There's a lot of speculation in this thread and I can't really address every point directly. But generally speaking, scalpers or stolen shipments are not the problem. The truth is much more boring. It's a combination of a few business miscalculations and some unforeseen events beyond our control (like the TRU closure).

I'm working on a bigger post that tells the full story, but there's a lot to say and I'm trying not to turn it into a 10,000 word essay.
I'd still read a 10 000 word essay.

That's approximately 10 pages.

North America is approximately 95 million square miles.

Now you must consider not all of those 95 million square miles are populated but look at this in the U.S. There are about 4,769 Wal-Mart's in Mexico about 2,442 and more than 400 stores in Canada.

Now combine that with Amazon and every other regional store in north America.

And each store for the most part spread out over this 95 million square miles.

That is alot of area to get things to.

And not every store even carries or has MCX some stores just have sets sitting on shelves not being purchased because lack of interest.

Mega doesn't have a fraction of the popularity marketing of big L.

Now marketing isn't the big problem but its just a thought.

Also something called fortnite and other toys stealing the show.

That and I'd assume a portion of older fans not having enough money or losing interest idk.

I hope mattel can get it together for your sake as the employee's of Mega and the Fans.

Just look at the big post.

I like the direction of the 10th anniversary edition sets classic box design should come back more often because I sure do miss the official collectors sets.

(Seriously stop catering to children they just want fortnite.)

Yan_MCX wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 9:39 am
Oof!

LOL 👍

Not laughing at the first part (other than the speculation), laughing at the second part.

TRU's closure was an absolute travesty for Toys...

Honestly, I'm still not sure how they went bankrupt.
Every time I'd go there it was crawling with people.
The check out lines were loooong.
How'd they go bankrupt??!

Survivor11 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 pm

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Geoffrey the Giraffe? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:13 pm
Survivor11 wrote:

Did you ever hear the Tragedy of Geoffrey the Giraffe? I thought not. It's not a story the Jedi would tell you.
*Awkward silence*

Tell it to me, please!

Survivor11 wrote:
Imagine you owned an investment firm that had a small amount of money to purchase TRU which was a public company but was having trouble making money and needed to pay off its stock shareholders once and for all to go back to being a private company.

So you have 20% on hand a get a loan for the other 80%. You purchase TRU from the public, but now TRU owes that 80% you bought it with as a loan, plus you're charging TRU "management fees" for buying it out. TRU, in turn, makes money, but not enough to overcome that huge debt burden and increasing interest (like having credit card debt piling up due to high interest rates) compounding on that 80% loan.

You, as a private firm buying it from the public, are supposed to turn it around, make it leaner and meaner, so it can adjust to the changing times and make money while shedding its bloat and pay off its debt. But you don't do that. You let the company fester and its debt grow while taking your mgmt cut like a bloodsucking parasite. Meanwhile every year the profits being made go to just paying the ever growing "credit card" interest while never even touching the principal debt balance.

Eventually, the debt burden is too much to make ends meet let a lone make a profit, and the company files for bk.

Survivor11 wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:19 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Sun Jul 21, 2019 6:13 pm
Survivor11 wrote:

*Awkward silence*

Tell it to me, please!
So one day there was this giraffe and his apprentice BAZAPED him in his sleep the end.

You! You're the Sith lord!

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”