[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega's being ripped off - Page 2 - Community

Mega's being ripped off

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Hey, if someone's not going to make figures or get them out to the customers, someone else will.

Some of those figures will make great resistance fighters/civilians.

Soo... Knowing good and well that these low-quality rip-offs are poorly made and will probably break, you're saying you'll buy them?

I mean, that just doesn't sound right to me. But what do I know? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JoeFilms wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:56 am
Soo... Knowing good and well that these low-quality rip-offs are poorly made and will probably break, you're saying you'll buy them?

Joe, i've bought fakes. I mean, those rip offs are bad, but i could still get use out of them. The fakes i bought are in a nice condition and haven't broken, yet.

JoeFilms wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 10:56 am

'L' Fans used to (and many still do) say the same thing about a certain 'M' company we all purchase products from right now.

Hypocrisy much?

Look at the TF "Knock-offs" market going strong now for how long?

Many of those products surpass Takara/[competitor]. And Takara/[competitor] has had to step up their game by producing better Genuine TF (Gosh forbid you wanted to actually pose your TF toys in action poses with movable fingers/wrists before the 3rd party knockoffs came out.)

I think it speaks volumes that I can purchase a knockoff from China on Ebay (that may or may not be sub par in quality) but I CAN'T EVEN BUY THE GENUINE PRODUCT AT MY LOCAL STORE LET A LONE ONLINE. Purchasing those knock offs doesn't stop me from purchasing genuine sets. BAD DISTRIBUTION & LACK OF VARIETY DOES.

Armageist wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:31 pm
LACK OF VARIETY DOES.
And do tell, where could I find this lack of variety? Because I don't see any around here.

Armageist wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:15 pm
UN Soldiers? Different SWAT?
Fair enough.
Armageist wrote:
Shipping containers with entirely different paint aps?
The Call of Duty shipping containers come in a wide variety of colors. Here's two examples:

https://callofduty.megaconstrux.com/en- ... mory-fmg11

https://callofduty.megaconstrux.com/en- ... mory-fdy76

There's also a red one, a brown one, and an orange one that I can think of.

Armageist wrote:
PUBG Survivalists?
Mega Construx doesn't have a PubG license, and I doubt the offshore knockoffs do.

Armageist wrote:

How many of these customs "you see around here" use L' blocks? Yeah I thought so.
1. That's misquoted.

2. You do have a point here, many customs do use competitor blocks. However, that being said, Mega Construx has begun making block boxes, filled with a large variety of different blocks.

That being said, distribution is still an issue, you are right there. But there's more here than you think, so don't be giving up hope on Mega Construx quite yet! :)

JoeFilms wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 9:39 pm

The Call of Duty shipping containers come in a wide variety of colors. Here's two examples:

https://callofduty.megaconstrux.com/en- ... mory-fmg11

https://callofduty.megaconstrux.com/en- ... mory-fdy76

There's also a red one, a brown one, and an orange one that I can think of.
Yeah, you go ahead and search for those on Amazon and see how much they're going for if they're even still in stock. Even Walmart is taken over by Toyb!z. Good luck finding the Hazmat one. Luckily I picked up two of them (Solo Mercenary and Arctic) at Dollar General, and I already have the Jungle Satcom.

But these knockoffs look like something you'd find in an urban rundown environment with graffiti. Again, unique. Not Military.
JoeFilms wrote:

Mega Construx doesn't have a PubG license, and I doubt the offshore knockoffs do.
I don't care about the Pub license, whatever that is (Player Underground fortnite cr*p? Don't care). The figures look unique and cool. Again, I'd love to link or post pics. One guy has a black trench coat, hoodie, and red scarf. I'd have to buy 3 to 4 different sets to make that mic unless I paint, and painting comes out crappy on soft pliable rubber like the coat.

Look up the United Rebel Front for Halo and tell me those figures wouldn't be great. As it stands, I purchased Destiny, CoD sets just for that. Like the Mercenary vs set. Or the Future Warfare sets. But there's always MORE.
JoeFilms wrote:

However, that being said, Mega Construx has begun making block boxes, filled with a large variety of different blocks.
Yes, I know, and it's a great thing. Colors are limited though. I've already purchased the Camo Invention, 4 Tropical Invention, 2 Aquatic Inventions. But I only have so much money at a given time. And with Mega, before you know it, they're gone.

But then there's pick-a-brick from someone else. Always available, wide variety, various colors and parts, and only buying what you need.
JoeFilms wrote:

That being said, distribution is still an issue, you are right there. But there's more here than you think, so don't be giving up hope on Mega Construx quite yet! :)
I never said I'm giving up hope. I'm losing hope, but not giving up. The news about generalized Probuilder sets in another thread is extremely good news.

But then you have issues like Amazon pushing back preorders of MCx Heroes Series 5 indefinitely while Toybiz has stock and is running out at double the price. I don't live next to a Mejiers or an Ollie's or a Krogers where they're readily available.

But I'm not going to limit my buying simply because it's not 'official', though I haven't bought any yet other than this L knockoff black swat helicopter that had a black halo falcon canopy. Try finding anywhere nowadays. Even a ONI Quadwalker with the canopy is 50-60 and I'd still have to paint it.

Armageist wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:01 am

Yeah, you go ahead and search for those on Amazon and see how much they're going for if they're even still in stock.
1. The red one is ancient, so of course it's expensive/out of stock. And I've seen shipping crates everywhere, they aren't hard to find.
2. You're changing the subject.

Armageist wrote:
Good luck finding the Hazmat one. Luckily I picked up two of them (Solo Mercenary and Arctic) at Dollar General, and I already have the Jungle Satcom.
So, then we're agreed that there is variety?

Armageist wrote:

But these knockoffs look like something you'd find in an urban rundown environment with graffiti. Again, unique. Not Military.
There's a difference in "not military" and "unique." And you can make custom militia dudes easily. However, I do see the point you're making. Just try mixing up your CoD figures!

Armageist wrote:

I don't care about the Pub license, whatever that is (Player Underground fortnite cr*p? Don't care). The figures look unique and cool.

That statement... That doesn't make any sense whatsoever. You yourself said "PUBG Survivalists?" Meaning A) You do know what PubG is, B) You do care, or you wouldn't bother to bring it up. If Mega Construx wants to make PubG sets, they need the legal rights to PubG. Mega Construx has a CoD liscense, so they only make CoD sets.

Armageist wrote:

Look up the United Rebel Front for Halo and tell me those figures wouldn't be great.
That would be cool! But if you want it, suggest it. The Mega Construx team is super tight and responsive with the community, and they'll hear what you said!

Armageist wrote:

Yes, I know, and it's a great thing. Colors are limited though. I've already purchased the Camo Invention, 4 Tropical Invention, 2 Aquatic Inventions. But I only have so much money at a given time. And with Mega, before you know it, they're gone.
Try looking at different stores. Those things will just sit around and never run out where I live.
Armageist wrote:

But I'm not going to limit my buying simply because it's not 'official', though I haven't bought any yet other than this L knockoff black swat helicopter that had black halo falcon canopy.
Buy it if you want, man. I'm just saying it probably isn't that good of a choice, considering you won't find near as good quality with those sets or any sort of customer service.
Armageist wrote:

Try finding anywhere nowadays. Even a ONI Quadwalker with the canopy is 50-60 and I'd still have to paint it.
That set is from 2014, which is why it's so expensive.

I posted that I like the L3go bricks better and it got deleted.....
I wonder why?

Simek4 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 3:17 pm
I posted that I like the L3go bricks better and it got deleted.....
I wonder why?
I have no idea...

Return to “General discussion”