[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Daughters of Athena - Page 2 - Community

Daughters of Athena

Got a question? Ask it here!
Survivor11 wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:24 am
Weapon_of_Mass_Construxion wrote: ↑
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:34 am
Hmmm, "forced diversity", that's a new one to me. I wonder what it REALLY means...
"Forced diversity":

To say that there needs to be a "minority" (there are more women than men, less people of Caucasian aspect than any other "race" in the world, just so that we're on equal footing here) despite literally no one asking.
True equality is when no one cares what the 'gender' of the person or character is, just that they exist(ed).

When you say that there needs to be more women represented, maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong, that is subjective, although literally none of us except you cared enough about the gender of prominent historical figures to make an entire thread about it.
And THAT'S why this thread is needed.

I don't really care about gender or race but I think this thread is unnecessary.

Does it really matter that we have equal amounts of female and male figures? They are toys it doesn't matter.

Now obviously I'm not against some more female characters Miranda Keyes would be great but we didn't need this thread to suggest characters that are female.

My two cents.

Thanks everyone for your input, but I sure did not expect this topic to receive such backlash for the simple request to have more female characters in the Heroes line! I have no interest in the "forced diversity" conviction, I'm not trying "force" anything on anyone. So how about we keep our persecution complexes out of this topic as it is about nothing more than Mega Construx toys, agreed?
BTW, the reason this topic is in the Ask Mega Construx thread is because I'm also interested in hearing from MCX Team if they plan to feature any female characters outside of the MOTU license? I love MOTU but there are so many other awesome heroines out there and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who appreciates that.
πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œβ€

Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:24 pm
Thanks everyone for your input, but I sure did not expect this topic to receive such backlash for the simple request to have more female characters in the Heroes line! I have no interest in the "forced diversity" conviction, I'm not trying "force" anything on anyone. So how about we keep our persecution complexes out of this topic as it is about nothing more than Mega Construx toys, agreed?
BTW, the reason this topic is in the Ask Mega Construx thread is because I'm also interested in hearing from MCX Team if they plan to feature any female characters outside of the MOTU license? I love MOTU but there are so many other awesome heroines out there and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who appreciates that.
πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œβ€
yeah? Cool but we didn't need a separate thread for just female character suggestions.

Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:59 pm
I would love to see more heroines in the heroes line. Here's a few to consider:
1) Deunan Knute from Appleseed (preferably the eye patched Deunan from the later issues). And of course Briareos MUST be included although he would probably have to be Destiny scale.
2) Joan of Arc/Jeanne d'Arc. One of my favorite REAL LIFE heroines, no license necessary.
3) Leela from Futurama. I don't know if MCX still has the license, but it would be nice to at least complete the trio of Fry, Bender and Leela (with Nibbler as an accessory).

But of course heroines need villainesses, so here's some:
1) Xenomorph Queen (maybe the same scale as the GoT dragon?)
2) Catwoman from '60s Batman (Julie Newmar, of course). Is she bad, good, misundetstood? Who cares, she's awesome! (Yeah I know MCX doesn't have the DC license, but one can dream). Also, I understand there's some kind of dynamic duo/caped crusaders or something? I guess you include them in the heroes line too.
3) The Duras sisters, Lursa and B'Etor. These Klingon bad girls were a thorn in EVERYONE'S side. They even managed to destroy the Enterprise with a junky, clunky, twenty year old bird of prey!
On a side note,
rest in peace Barbara March
(October 9, 1953 - August 11, 2019).

So which heroines/villainesses would you all love to see in the heroes line?

in OP you said nothing mcx team smh

Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 pm
It's not fan fiction. At least not the ones I know of that he listed. They are from other mieda, although it's true he missed what you ment. This thread shouldn't exist. These should be posted in the heroes suggestions thread.
. . .and the occasional Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel movie isn't going to remedy it. . .
Oh I assure you, Captain Marvel isn't gonna remedy anything. Give us a decent plot without some extreme undertones, (plus switch your actress, for crying out loud) and you've got a solid reboot. Until then, be expecting nothing good from Captain Marvel.

No, no. It has value. In the pure hysteria that surrounds it.

JoeFilms wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:43 pm
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:22 pm
Admiral-Sabree wrote: ↑
Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:56 pm
It's not fan fiction. At least not the ones I know of that he listed. They are from other mieda, although it's true he missed what you ment. This thread shouldn't exist. These should be posted in the heroes suggestions thread.
. . .and the occasional Wonder Woman or Captain Marvel movie isn't going to remedy it. . .
Oh I assure you, Captain Marvel isn't gonna remedy anything. Give us a decent plot without some extreme undertones, (plus switch your actress, for crying out loud) and you've got a solid reboot. Until then, be expecting nothing good from Captain Marvel.
I thought that the Captain Marvel was pretty good. And what’s wrong with the actress.

Return to β€œAsk Mega Construx”