[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Distribution/where to buy - Page 3 - Community

Distribution/where to buy

Got a question? Ask it here!
Murple wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 11:34 am
I guess nobody cares that Meijer’s always has a good amount of stuff.
I don’t have a meijer’s even remotely close to me. However for my Texan friends, HEB Plus usually has a good deal of MCX

Murple wrote:
I just Googled it, and the closest Meijer's to me is 345 miles away. If there was one close, I would definitely have checked it out.

Over on another message board, a member said that he contacted Mattel about this, and they are currently getting in touch with Wal-Mart. Hopefully this will be resolved soon.

Murple wrote:
Unfortunately Mejiers is a Upper Midwest thing exclusively, just like another store that carries a lot; or used to, Fred Meyers, is a Pacific Northwest thing exclusively.

These are regional store chains, not national, which is why it's important for Mega Construx to be in National retail chains like Targrt and Walmart to prosper, at least in the U.S.

Or I guess so go strictly with Amazon, Jet, Deepdiscount, and Gsmestop, which is fine if you can actually preorder things without it getting canceled (Security Warthog, MCx Heroes).

Too many stores carrying it I guess makes it so people don't buy from those stores, it gets clearances, and the store gets burned and stops carrying it.

It's a tough situation if stores can't profit from carrying Mega.

I'm just overstating the obvious, but TRU and KB TOYS being gone certainly does not help matters.

At this point, I'm really hoping they can strike up some kind of deal with Amazon, and sell them at MSRP. I haven't bought a single action figure at retail in over a decade because everything is always picked over.

I agree totally and am not sure how the price on amazon goes from 5.99 pre order to 34.99 when its actually released. Why is amazon not getting the product to sell us?

Legit question... where am I supposed to buy these products? WM has bailed completely on MCX, while Target, & Kroger have stopped carrying anything except the very smallest sub-$10 Halo and pokemon sets, no CoD whatsoever. In the southeast, we don't have Mejier or HEB. TRU is gone, and Amazon cancels every preorder I place. There is not a single store I can walk into today and buy CoD MCX, and online options seem to be just as sparse (excluding jacked-up third-party sales).

I genuinely don't understand how Mega generates revenue if stores don't carry SKUs and customers cannot buy products. Have they stopped producing them, or is there a giant warehouse in a mountain in colorado housing truckloads of Heroes w5, CoD w4&5, and new CoD Armories? Are we going to see products that didn't make it to B&M stores suddenly flood online stores this fall, or were they just vaporware that will live on only in our imaginations?

I'm truly vexed by the whole situation. How does a company this size lose their meager 30" of space in Walmart? To be clear, I'm not hating on Mega or Mattel. As someone with a business background, I'm genuinely curious how this can be allowed to happen. It seems like that specific linear 30-inches would be the primany focus of any sales and marketing team in North America, 24-7. For it to just vanish seems unthinkable.

I love MCX products. I own FAR more than any adult has a right to. But we can't buy them if they aren't offered for sale. This seems to be a fundamental step that has been forgotten. There has been talk of Mega/Mattel fixing "distribution issues" for YEARS, and yet it seems to only get worse with each passing season. But at this point, there are no distribution issues... because there is no distribution. They can't blame the distribution boogyman if stores aren't carrying the products in the first place.

Someone please, convince me this is going to get better :)

topnacho wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 9:41 am
Legit question... where am I supposed to buy these products? WM has bailed completely on MCX, while Target, & Kroger have stopped carrying anything except the very smallest sub-$10 Halo and pokemon sets, no CoD whatsoever. In the southeast, we don't have Mejier or HEB. TRU is gone, and Amazon cancels every preorder I place. There is not a single store I can walk into today and buy CoD MCX, and online options seem to be just as sparse (excluding jacked-up third-party sales).

I genuinely don't understand how Mega generates revenue if stores don't carry SKUs and customers cannot buy products. Have they stopped producing them, or is there a giant warehouse in a mountain in colorado housing truckloads of Heroes w5, CoD w4&5, and new CoD Armories? Are we going to see products that didn't make it to B&M stores suddenly flood online stores this fall, or were they just vaporware that will live on only in our imaginations?

I'm truly vexed by the whole situation. How does a company this size lose their meager 30" of space in Walmart? To be clear, I'm not hating on Mega or Mattel. As someone with a business background, I'm genuinely curious how this can be allowed to happen. It seems like that specific linear 30-inches would be the primany focus of any sales and marketing team in North America, 24-7. For it to just vanish seems unthinkable.

I love MCX products. I own FAR more than any adult has a right to. But we can't buy them if they aren't offered for sale. This seems to be a fundamental step that has been forgotten. There has been talk of Mega/Mattel fixing "distribution issues" for YEARS, and yet it seems to only get worse with each passing season. But at this point, there are no distribution issues... because there is no distribution. They can't blame the distribution boogyman if stores aren't carrying the products in the first place.

i like how you are willing to be critical of mega, allot of people on here are not willing to respond with their true thoughts thanks for taking the initiative

HALx-10 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:18 am
topnacho wrote:

i like how you are willing to be critical of mega, allot of people on here are not willing to respond with their true thoughts thanks for taking the initiative
Don’t think we aren’t willing to be critical of Mega. We have voiced our dissatisfaction on more than one occasion about distribution, lack of marines, overflow of Spartans, discrepancies, I could go on.

Just because we don’t support your ideas doesn’t mean we think Mega is flawless.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:35 pm
HALx-10 wrote:
topnacho wrote:

Don’t think we aren’t willing to be critical of Mega. We have voiced our dissatisfaction on more than one occasion about distribution, lack of marines, overflow of Spartans, discrepancies, I could go on.

Just because we don’t support your ideas doesn’t mean we think Mega is flawless.
Nothing is ever flawless, but as a whole, Mega is definitely close

nigelninja11 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:35 pm
HALx-10 wrote:
topnacho wrote:

i'm not talking about you :)

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”