[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Historical "Heroes" -Could this be a possibility for MCX? - Page 2 - Community

Historical "Heroes" -Could this be a possibility for MCX?

Got a question? Ask it here!
Maybe it could be called "Historic Figures"? That would allow for more diversity, some are heroes/heroines, some are villains, and some are unforgivably reprehensible... although I'm not sure there are very many people who would want those particular individuals in toy form.

Let me just re-iterate, the definition of historical I am using for this thread:

Something prominent or revolutionary that happened in the past, in real life.
Weapon_of_Mass_Construxion wrote: Maybe it could be called "Historic Figures"? That would allow for more diversity, some are heroes/heroines, some are villains, and some are unforgivably reprehensible... although I'm not sure there are very many people who would want those particular individuals in toy form.
Please stop trying to force diversity.

The neutral term of "Heroes and Heroines" is Heroes.

It's just how English works.

BTW, history should be neutral, no one is really a villain or a hero, although some are very bad people, which is why my list includes less controversial people for our generation.

I think Historic Figures is a fine name. Doesn't seem to be "fORcEd dIvERsIty" to me. Just a name that doesn't have Heroes in it.

instead of this, how about better cod ww2 sets because the Germans don't really look authentic enough imo, so much focus on allied troopers not enough on axis

RedThree wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:43 pm
I think Historic Figures is a fine name. Doesn't seem to be "fORcEd dIvERsIty" to me. Just a name that doesn't have Heroes in it.
To be fair, yes historic figures is perfectly neutral, but my initial post is for the historical figures to be in the MCX heroes line, which is called, and I quote, "Mega Construx Heroes series -"

I didn't make that name, the company did.
HALx-10 wrote: instead of this, how about better cod ww2 sets because the Germans don't really look authentic enough imo, so much focus on allied troopers not enough on axis
This is not what this discussion is about.
This is about prominent historical people being made into MCX, not the CoD line.

Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:14 am
RedThree wrote:
To be fair, yes historic figures is perfectly neutral, but my initial post is for the historical figures to be in the MCX heroes line, which is called, and I quote, "Mega Construx Heroes series -"

HALx-10 wrote: instead of this, how about better cod ww2 sets because the Germans don't really look authentic enough imo, so much focus on allied troopers not enough on axis
This is about prominent historical people being made into MCX, not the CoD line.
if i make a post it gets marked as spam :)

HALx-10 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:51 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:14 am
RedThree wrote:

if i make a post it gets marked as spam :)
The reason your posts get marked as spam, is because 90% of the time they are spam.

I think I'd rather have generic, troop builder figures of historical warriors instead of named persons. Either as singles in a Heroes type line. And/or as "versus" sets like recent Halo ones. For example:

Samurai vs Ninjas
Knights vs Barbarians
Spartans vs Romans (I think doesn't quite line up but still...)
Cowboys vs Native Americans
Civil War Union vs Conderate

There could be calvary sets for most of these themes. Other small builds, like artillery, wagons, ruins/temples, castle walls, forts. Like the original poster stated, this can be an in-house line. No licensing fees. Focusing on the ability to troop build historic warriors would probably enhance sales instead of just doing named historical figures.

A semi-related idea would be "Real Heroes". It's something I think the GI Joe line should have done, especially as it would play off their "Real American Hero" tagline. A line of Mega Contrux Real Heroes featuring police officers, firemen, paramedics, doctors, construction workers. Mega has produced some of these types of figures/themes in the past, but they haven't yet done so featuring the super-poseable, collector-style figures.

Firemen
Police Officers
SWAT
Paramedics
Construction Workers

Team 4pks of each. Vehicles/playsets could include fire truck and fire ladder, police car, SWAT amored car, ambulance, bulldozer, wrecking ball, construction site.

All of these themes are rather universal and evergreen appeal. The historic soldiers also have long-lasting appeal. Heroes single-carded figures could be more leader types (more deco, some unique pieces) while teampacks allow for troop building. Vehicles/playsets fill out the themes.

Yes, we need more figure packs, but the whole point of this thread is, would MCX consider this as a heroes line?

I love how you're all giving me your two cents, and so far, it would seem that most people don't actually care either way, which logically means that it's maybe not the main interest of a lot of people, so I don't think it'll happen realistically.
I'm still looking forward to having Kevin or Yan's opinions on the subject.
Once again, thank y'all for your two cents.

If there was an opportunity to get a Julius Caesar MCX figure, I'd take it in a heartbeat!

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”