[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Mega Construx figures and what can be done to improve them. [Read Main Post] - Page 2 - Community

Mega Construx figures and what can be done to improve them. [Read Main Post]

Got a question? Ask it here!
Size for MCX figures is perfect. DISTRIBUTION is lacking. Still have not seen Series 5 Stratos or Scareglow.

I'd have to disagree with you on this case. Two stud holes in the feet seems redundant. The figures would take up more space for no reason. I do agree with you on articulation, there is a lot of improvement that can be done but not without a drastic re-scaling of figures or advancement in technology. Re-scaling figures would render sets from 2009 non compatible with there last 10 years worth of sets and figures. Mega has been gradually improving there techniques. Keyes and Fox (X-Files) Both use larger body sculpts to add a different style of detail, meanwhile at least with Keyes we are seeing feet articulation being played with. We will have to wait and see If mega actually dose try a new articulation size with Game of Thrones figures (On the box it says 2.5 inch?).

I will say though, size isn't indicative of better articulation. Destiny has multiple larger 2.5 inch figures that use the same articulation of standard figures or less advanced articulation. Thrall and Vex for example go for higher detail molds vs articulation. Mega has there sizes figured out for the most part and they have a lot of options in there molds already. I'd suspect they are always eager and trying to actively improve on there designs without compromising the size and scale of there figures.

I do agree that a size and articulation upgrade would be cool, but I feel like it could only be applicable to the elite figures. I feel like the elite figures are just a little short. Now into the stopmotion side of things. If a upgrade such as that were to happen to all figures all the stopmotion animators, such as me, would have to learn new walk cycles ect.

Since this thread is here, maybe we should at least try to use it for legitimate discussion rather than just putting up with endless trolling attempts.

While I disagree with the OP's suggestion that MCX figures need to become huge to succeed, I do think there's some room for improvement. Personally, I'd like it if all figures had decals on their armour and painted weapons instead of just the Heroes line and same of the Booster packs. I'd like to see more skin tone options in the elite figures, since the three currently available don't accurately cover the skin tones seen in-game.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:56 pm
Since this thread is here, maybe we should at least try to use it for legitimate discussion rather than just putting up with endless trolling attempts.

While I disagree with the OP's suggestion that MCX figures need to become huge to succeed, I do think there's some room for improvement. Personally, I'd like it if all figures had decals on their armour and painted weapons instead of just the Heroes line and same of the Booster packs. I'd like to see more skin tone options in the elite figures, since the three currently available don't accurately cover the skin tones seen in-game.
Decal Packs for Marines, Spartans and ODST. That would be cool

I would love it if every set had painted weapons.

More painted weapons would be nice

I kinda like plain black and gray guns. Gives me the ability to detail them myself

I am a big fan of mega construx and the Halo and cod lines. But if I could improve something, I would make the price of the figure packs cost less or add more value to them. I've been collecting these packs since 2010 and I feel that I've been having to pay more for less value these last few years. The fact that the figure packs cost $16 is discouraging me from purchasing more than 1 of them. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying more for quality but I feel that the value isn't there with 4 figures for $16. If the price were to drop $2 or another figure was added to the packs, that would be a good value and I would be buying more sets.

Lil_woody wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:07 pm
I am a big fan of mega construx and the Halo and cod lines. But if I could improve something, I would make the price of the figure packs cost less or add more value to them. I've been collecting these packs since 2010 and I feel that I've been having to pay more for less value these last few years. The fact that the figure packs cost $16 is discouraging me from purchasing more than 1 of them. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying more for quality but I feel that the value isn't there with 4 figures for $16. If the price were to drop $2 or another figure was added to the packs, that would be a good value and I would be buying more sets.
The five figures per set approach was just perfect, even if the included terrain elements were nothing too spectacular.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”