[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc.. - Page 7 - Community

IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
eliteslayer4915 wrote:I would definitely love a Warhammer 40,000 line for collectors, you'd be able to actually make scenes from the tabletop miniatures game come to life in mega blocks form, plus it's a boon for 40k lovers
They could include the rules of the game & encourage the use of figures & builds in actual gameplay. Heck, tabletop gaming seems like a smart enhancement to the collector brands. I am pretty sure there already is a [competitor] tabletop gaming league.

STan94 wrote:I find it kinda sad that Mega Bloks depends on the popularity of a specific game, movie or other media when they make their sets.

It just seems to me that the figures becomes sort of those merchandise that you find outside attractions in Disneyland and Universal Studios. Nothing more than a by-product of popularity. I could be wrong though.
While i do not find it `sad`` i would like to see Mega Bloks / Mattel execute more plans that involve in house intellectual properties. Don`t get me wrong . I would LOVE He-Man , Thundercats, chrome plated Silverhawks , GI Joe (notice the 80`s IP theme lolÉ) Mega Bloks MAF`s but i am of the opinion that the Mega Bloks Micro Action Figure * IS * the draw and doesn't necessarily need a popular IP to sell the MAF product. The product alone is a draw.

For example would Mega Bloks Marvel or DC themed micro action figures be wildly successful? Of course they would. Would an in house super hero line from Mega Bloks using their MAF body also be successful? Yes especially if you can mix and match parts to get around actual licensing issues.

Look at the WWE Stackdown C3 product. It's horrendous but it sells because it's wrestling product ( a constant theme in toy aisles and on tv) and it's representative of the premier wrestling organization in the world - The WWE. Now would superior wrestling Micro action figures sell ? Absolutely . Toy history is littered with a multitude of wrestling action figure lines that weren't directly tied to the WWF or WWE that were successful. Look at how successful Jakks Pacific was with their WWE Micro / TNA Micro line. The wrestling theme alone combined with the Mega Bloks Micro Action figure would be successful ( especially if sold in blind bags).

Mega Bloks doesn't NEED popular IP's but they certainly help. I hope they use the success and attention garnered by popular IP's to promote well thought out in house brands i.e. "If you think Masters of the Universe Mega Bloks are awesome take a look at our Dragons Universe line! The lines compliment each other!"

BxTart wrote:
eliteslayer4915 wrote:I would definitely love a Warhammer 40,000 line for collectors, you'd be able to actually make scenes from the tabletop miniatures game come to life in mega blocks form, plus it's a boon for 40k lovers
They could include the rules of the game & encourage the use of figures & builds in actual gameplay. Heck, tabletop gaming seems like a smart enhancement to the collector brands. I am pretty sure there already is a [competitor] tabletop gaming league.
The only problem with the Warhammer 40K license is Games Workshop being such control freaks over their IP and selling their models. Since Mega Bloks versions of their armies could take away from their model sales they wouldn't go for it.

There are some generic rule sets out there for using any type of model or "block" figure for table top war gaming. One such rule set is Brik Wars but with a little Google searching you can probably find some others and maybe even some Halo specific ones. The upside to these rules is that they won't change every couple of years or so like the Warhammer 40K rules do.

I think mega should bring back the pro builder series, but rebrand it as a collectors line with different constructions with civilian micro action figures. I think that mega could release two to four sets a year without having to put too much investment. The line could do around the world figures and landscapes, or vehicles such as construction or a car brand.

I thought of an idea for the terminator line. Megabloks should make customizer packs for the terminator micro action figures, and could be a one time theme. The packs could consist of having sarah connor and a t-800 with better articulation, the t-x and arnold, resistance soldier male and resistance soldier female, and t-1000 and terminator form of john connor from genesys. Each pack could act as a weapons/armor pack and should have alternate heads for the human figures.

Jtygah49 wrote:I thought of an idea for the terminator line. Megabloks should make customizer packs for the terminator micro action figures, and could be a one time theme. The packs could consist of having sarah connor and a t-800 with better articulation, the t-x and arnold, resistance soldier male and resistance soldier female, and t-1000 and terminator form of john connor from genesys. Each pack could act as a weapons/armor pack and should have alternate heads for the human figures.
Keep this to the terminator suggestion thread please

A good theme would be a microman material force micro action figure sets as it give collectors blank figures to customize from different colors.

I would like to suggest that mega should talk to [competitor] about getting the brick licenses of their IPs since Kre-o has become a failed experiment. I thinl this would be a boon for collectors

I just finished the Harrier, it was a great build. It has me wishing there were more aircraft sets. How awesome would it be if MB could pick up the license for the Ace Combat franchise?

ChewyBricks wrote:An amazing theme for MB to have would be Star Wars if they'd ever be able to get it from their competitor. Fully articulated Jedi are a must. Mega would have much more superior vehicles, crafts, figures. Doubt their competitor will ever let that license go, but I can dream can't I
They won't be able to get star wars away from [competitor], [competitor] have had the licence since I think 1999? And the fact Disney and [competitor] seem to have a partnership.

Return to “General discussion”