[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Comic Con Master Chief set - Page 3 - Community

Comic Con Master Chief set

Got a question? Ask it here!
Well, it's been almost an hour in past now. And I've been advised to stop focusing on their past mistakes and look forward to those they create in August.

I mean my life didn't depend on that set. Would've been cool to have, for sure. But hey, 20 more bucks to save for those Infinite marines right? ;)

Right. Sure, if you find them. But that is an unfortunate mindset to have. In a way, it promotes the idea of, "Well, I didn't get what I really want because of how this promotion was managed. But if I can't spend my money on what I want, don't worry, you'll still get it. I'll just buy something else you have."

However, what we should be doing is asking is, "What good is a collection, if you can't collect what you want to freely and easily?"

I bet they made the same amount they would’ve if comic con was in person.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:30 pm
EDIT: So far only one of your community has confirmed that they got this.
Who?

Website was tricky, their post made it look like the instagram picture itself held the link in the pictures Bio, not the instagrams Bio, I missed out, friend got me one magically.

I was in the shopping cart to buy 2 and the buy link sent me to their main mattelcreations page with the big countdown so when I backclicked they were sold out.

Magnus913 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:11 pm
Website was tricky, their post made it look like the instagram picture itself held the link in the pictures Bio, not the instagrams Bio, I missed out, friend got me one magically.

I was in the shopping cart to buy 2 and the buy link sent me to their main mattelcreations page with the big countdown so when I backclicked they were sold out.
I was in the process of entering credit card info when it said sold out.

And people are already reposting them on ebay for 100usd.

Murple wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:08 pm
Oh, I'm certain of that too. However, a better way to do it, albeit with revisions to the purchase process, is like the battle bones set.

With that set, we put our orders in at their site. Some time later, the orders were filled. The stupid extra and unnecessary hoop there was the trip to San Diego to confirm an order already made. But the sets were essentially made to order.

Removing that entirely unwanted step and expense of a trip to San Diego could've been exactly what this experience should've been had the sets been made to order instead of a finite number being produced and then tossed out like chum to the masses.

But Mattel doesn't care who bought them so long as they all sold out. And since they did, they had a success and the rest of us go without or pay considerably more on the secondary market. We don't win, they don't care.

Hicks_Royel wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:35 pm
Murple wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:08 pm
Oh, I'm certain of that too. However, a better way to do it, albeit with revisions to the purchase process, is like the battle bones set.

With that set, we put our orders in at their site. Some time later, the orders were filled. The stupid extra and unnecessary hoop there was the trip to San Diego to confirm an order already made. But the sets were essentially made to order.

Removing that entirely unwanted step and expense of a trip to San Diego could've been exactly what this experience should've been had the sets been made to order instead of a finite number being produced and then tossed out like chum to the masses.

But Mattel doesn't care who bought them so long as they all sold out. And since they did, they had a success and the rest of us go without or pay considerably more on the secondary market. We don't win, they don't care.
I think it added the unwanted step called Instagram.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”