[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
The derailed thread - Page 163 - Community

The derailed thread

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I really don’t like how the weapons feel in 4. The BR feels like a single laser shot thing, and the AR is a bit too strong. The enemy AI isn’t bad, it just can’t keep up. Elites are too weak health wise, and they don’t move to cover enough.

Murple wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 11:03 am
I really don’t like how the weapons feel in 4. The BR feels like a single laser shot thing, and the AR is a bit too strong. The enemy AI isn’t bad, it just can’t keep up. Elites are too weak health wise, and they don’t move to cover enough.
And it doesn't look like Halo.

Yo... what if like, and hear me out here, the new art style is an evolution, and it doesn’t look that bad. What if you just treated it like a growth in style, just like they did from CE to 2 to 3 to Reach? I know, crazy thought.

nigelninja11 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:54 pm
Yo... what if like, and hear me out here, the new art style is an evolution, and it doesn’t look that bad. What if you just treated it like a growth in style, just like they did from CE to 2 to 3 to Reach? I know, crazy thought.
Fr, people are legit baby's about it. It would be quite hard to make something look just like Halo 3 with new age graphics, I really like Halo reach halo 3 and halo 5s art style and people are being (for lack of better uncurse word) "big poopy mean heads".

Sargentvik wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:48 pm
nigelninja11 wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:54 pm
Fr, people are legit baby's about it. It would be quite hard to make something look just like Halo 3 with new age graphics, I really like Halo reach halo 3 and halo 5s art style and people are being (for lack of better uncurse word) "big poopy mean heads".
but I do dislike halo 4s art style.

I really love Halo 4, one of my favorite games in existence! Of course, a lot of that is due to it being my first Halo game and the nostalgia that comes with that status. But it's a game I can always go to and just feel good with.
However, I can understand if one does not like it! Taste in video games is like taste in music, one of the most subjective things in existence. I don't like Reach at all, except for Firefight, but I totally understand why many people do enjoy it!
Halo 4 and 3 are the only games I have selected in my MCC playlist, as they are my favorite multiplayer Halo games. As far as singleplayer is concerned, it's Halo 4 and Halo CE for me.
One of the best parts of Halo, at least to me, is that it's different in each installment and reaches a lot of different people because of that! (But, to be fair, it also does lead to a lot of various opinions and we know how opinions go down on the internet amirite?)

My problem with Halo 4 honestly has a lot to do with the art style. Yeah, it looks cool, but I can’t shake the feeling that it’s something of a plot hole. Why is everything on the Dawn suddenly UNSC standard issue? Another thing (probably pretty nitpicky) is the sounds. They aren’t nearly as clean or consistent as the previous games. Joe made a great video about the topic on his YT channel, using the sword activation as an example.

Aside all that, I think a lot of you will agree with me on the subject of music. One of the first things I noticed after booting it up was the lack of Marty. I could really feel the personality and spirit in the old games, but 4 is just... meh.

Murple wrote:
I never liked the BR because I always seem to run out of ammo to quickly. I have always loved the AR just because it does a ton of damage and has a big magazine. And I mean yes it is overpowered but that is because it is like the most iconic Halo weapon ever.

WWIIboy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:30 pm
Murple wrote:
I never liked the BR because I always seem to run out of ammo to quickly. I have always loved the AR just because it does a ton of damage and has a big magazine. And I mean yes it is overpowered but that is because it is like the most iconic Halo weapon ever.
Gotta disagree with you there. I give the CE magnum most iconic.

Murple wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:51 pm
WWIIboy wrote:
Tue Dec 15, 2020 4:30 pm
Murple wrote:
Gotta disagree with you there. I give the CE magnum most iconic.
I have to be honest I forgot about the magnum until you said that. But yeah the magnum is pretty iconic so for me I'd say it is a tie for most iconic between AR and magnum.

Return to “General discussion”