[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun - Community

Sun-Man and the Rulers of the Sun

Got a question? Ask it here!
Curious, since Mattel licensed this series from Olmec toys to incorporate into the MOTU Origins line, is it possible to see the same thing happen with the Mega Construx line? Would be a cool expansion if you ask me. Granted I also think Mega Construx should do Thundercats and bring back TMNT so what do I know haha

I think Sunman would be a nice thing to do. Thundercats? Yeah I would be all in. But I'm not sure if the composition of the characters is good for the mega format. There's a reason why Motu works well with mega and it's the consistent way a majority of the original characters were designed. For ThunderCats, I think high tooling costs would keep the line from coming to realization.

For Thundercats, I think some leeway in design could be given. I mean, just look at the TMNT stuff Mega did. Sure the turtles are all the same mold usually, but the variety of designs that the rest of the characters had shows that Thundercats would be pretty doable as well, at least to me.

I started looking at TMNT and other mega lines after I posted my reply and yeah I agree with you F, ThunderCats could be done, probably easier than I thought. I guess that's if the sales are there, I would say motu would be a good gauge. (Boy, I would be in hog heaven if I was a halo fan)
I really wonder how sales are for the motu line, I think they're getting better. But something tells me that Mattel isn't really all in, I guess we're just expecting more product. Maybe there trying to stretch it out.
On a side note, I got my youngest, a 14-year-old boy indoctrinated. None of my kids ever really liked toys or anything that I did when I was a kid. I tried, They were too interested in the Xbox, the phone, the tablet. But this last weekend he put together all the mega sets. ( I only open OG characters, so everything else is still in box) I struggled for a second when he opened the packages for battle bones, considering what it goes for on eBay. But just for a second, then I was like , go for it!
Well, he put together everything, and part 1 of the castle. I made him stop on Sunday evening. Lol. He had a blast and while he was working, we watched the new animated series and Revelation series. He really was entertained he said the animated was his favorite. That series hit all the right notes. (Revelations is good too, so keep walking haters.)
Then he said he wanted to watch the originals, and I said to him don't waste your time 😂. So we put on, toys you grew up with on Netflix, and he understood..
He can't wait to come back to the house to finish the castle, but back to my prior point after that, we're just going to wait, and wait, wait some more, for Landshark and the rest.
Feed us Mattel.
Matthew

Okay so I just realized the phrase OG characters is completely subjective and kind of schizophrenic when it comes to motu. Will send pictures eventually.

I'd say get him to watch the 2000s series if you can find it. That was my intro to MOTU when I was a teen and really enjoyed it. That's pretty much what got me into the Mega sets, my fondness for that series. The new one on Netflix is great and I've enjoyed Revelations so far but want to see the rest of the season before making a final judgement on it.

Thanks for the recommendation F, I have heard nothing but good about that series. I'm going to go ahead and get it.
Best wishes
By the way Mega, I think it would be cool if you can manage to get the slime pit to fit with the fright zone when you issue them. Lock in together. Just trying to plan a future display, it would be helpful for consolidation.
Long live mega motu!

Happy to help. The series doesn't really have an ending, as it got canceled, but it does close out it's main storyline for season 2 pretty well. Considering I've never seen the original, I see Revelations as a sorta sequel to the 2000s series with some shenanigans happening in the interim (it mostly fits, biggest discrepancy is that Cringer doesn't talk in the 2000s show, so maybe Orko screwed up a spell haha).

I'm still holding out hope for Thundercats in MCX form.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”