[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Wasteland: Nigel’s Post-Apocalyptic Story - Page 235 - Community

Wasteland: Nigel’s Post-Apocalyptic Story

Tell your own story!
I’ve got two concepts I would like to implement in Wasteland, primarily regarding the ILC.

The first, is the Victor Scrappers, a sub-faction of the Scrappers Guild. This trade group primarily specializes in agricultural products such as refurbished farming equipment and fertilizer, although they also supply the ILC with weapons, such as mortars, machine guns, and small arms.

The second, which I expect to be slightly more “controversial” would be a super corn, affectionately known as Maize. This corn would grow at 2-4 times the speed of regular corn, however it would require 4-8 times the nutrients in the soil. Because of this, it could absolutely ruin someone’s field for years if they couldn’t keep it fertilized. This way, only members of a stable state, such as the ILC could risk to grow it. It would provide the ILC with rapid growth, as they could give farmers equipment, fertilizer, and Maize Seeds in exchange for high taxes on their output. They would get that a equipment from the Victor Scrappers, promising them a portion of the output as well.

I don’t think any other current factions could support this crop, as they are all too focused on other matters (destroying each other), so it could be considered a little OP for the ILC. Any input from people is appreciated.

SrgtGreen wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 8:46 pm
I’ve got two concepts I would like to implement in Wasteland, primarily regarding the ILC.

The first, is the Victor Scrappers, a sub-faction of the Scrappers Guild. This trade group primarily specializes in agricultural products such as refurbished farming equipment and fertilizer, although they also supply the ILC with weapons, such as mortars, machine guns, and small arms.

The second, which I expect to be slightly more “controversial” would be a super corn, affectionately known as Maize. This corn would grow at 2-4 times the speed of regular corn, however it would require 4-8 times the nutrients in the soil. Because of this, it could absolutely ruin someone’s field for years if they couldn’t keep it fertilized. This way, only members of a stable state, such as the ILC could risk to grow it. It would provide the ILC with rapid growth, as they could give farmers equipment, fertilizer, and Maize Seeds in exchange for high taxes on their output. They would get that a equipment from the Victor Scrappers, promising them a portion of the output as well.

I don’t think any other current factions could support this crop, as they are all too focused on other matters (destroying each other), so it could be considered a little OP for the ILC. Any input from people is appreciated.
Love the second one. Makes more sense for there to be mutated plants and the quick implementation of those. But we're still 2 years into the wasteland. I feel like a lot is happening very fast and the people of the wasteland are grouping together quickly. Wouldn't it take a while to establish a safe haven, and then even longer to begin establishing food supplies?

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:50 pm
SrgtGreen wrote:

Love the second one. Makes more sense for there to be mutated plants and the quick implementation of those. But we're still 2 years into the wasteland. I feel like a lot is happening very fast and the people of the wasteland are grouping together quickly. Wouldn't it take a while to establish a safe haven, and then even longer to begin establishing food supplies?
Yeah, for sure. All of these are ideas that I will develop over time. Although I may introduce the Super Corn as the sort of catalyst for the ILC, essentially with the ILC being built on it. The currency, the entire economy based on agriculture. This pretty much makes sense as food is probably pretty scarce in wasteland, especially for the CDT and USRC which have large armies without large infrastructure.

SrgtGreen wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 10:09 pm
81Ceta_Deta wrote:
SrgtGreen wrote:

Yeah, for sure. All of these are ideas that I will develop over time. Although I may introduce the Super Corn as the sort of catalyst for the ILC, essentially with the ILC being built on it. The currency, the entire economy based on agriculture. This pretty much makes sense as food is probably pretty scarce in wasteland, especially for the CDT and USRC which have large armies without large infrastructure.
We need More Mutated Animals I want a Gorilla Lion and Scorpion Mix

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
I'm a teensy bit reluctant for us to be adding new subfactions, simply because we no longer have the ability to edit the main post where all of the factions listed, and if we allow people to keep coming up with new ones it's going to get very hard to keep track of things.

I'm happy for us to discuss this issue moving forward, but in this specific case, you could easily just pass them off as a regular bunch of Scrappers fulfilling a special order. If it's techy and they can trade with it, I don't see an issue.
81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Love the second one. Makes more sense for there to be mutated plants and the quick implementation of those. But we're still 2 years into the wasteland. I feel like a lot is happening very fast and the people of the wasteland are grouping together quickly.
I do agree that things are moving kind of quickly. But there are ways to introduce problems and difficulties to make things more grounded and realistic. Based on the info Green's put forward, it sounds like even expert farmers would have trouble growing a successful Maize crop on the first try.
rsjones76 wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:14 pm
We need More Mutated Animals I want a Gorilla Lion and Scorpion Mix
That sounds like more of a hybrid than a mutant. But if you can find a way to make that work in a story, go for it!

NatoGreavesy wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 4:29 am
81Ceta_Deta wrote:
I'm a teensy bit reluctant for us to be adding new subfactions, simply because we no longer have the ability to edit the main post where all of the factions listed, and if we allow people to keep coming up with new ones it's going to get very hard to keep track of things.
Guess that would counter my idea, then
I'll see if I can brainstorm some plotlines that don't have to do with a new faction.

81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 11:43 am
NatoGreavesy wrote:
81Ceta_Deta wrote:
Guess that would counter my idea, then
I'll see if I can brainstorm some plotlines that don't have to do with a new faction.
i got an idea. USRC goes bankrupt. yes i know its bad but its just a thought.

NatoGreavesy wrote:
81Ceta_Deta wrote:

I'm happy for us to discuss this issue moving forward, but in this specific case, you could easily just pass them off as a regular bunch of Scrappers fulfilling a special order. If it's techy and they can trade with it, I don't see an issue.

Yeah I can probably remove that sub-faction and fill the gaps with regular scrapper orders and CDT funding. This simplifies things for the readers and for me, because I was having trouble writing coherent lore for it anyway lol.

Perhaps we should make a new wasteland page so we can edit the description?

SrgtGreen wrote:
Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:02 pm
Perhaps we should make a new wasteland page so we can edit the description?
i dont think thats a good idea.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”