[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
How did you get into collecting MB? - Page 2 - Community

How did you get into collecting MB?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I used to love the Plasmaverse but i got into collecting Mega Bloks sets (like actively collecting, not just buying one randomly every year or so) when my friend recommended the line to me and I got the old Brute Chopper.

Joescibelli wrote:I used to love the Plasmaverse but i got into collecting Mega Bloks sets (like actively collecting, not just buying one randomly every year or so) when my friend recommended the line to me and I got the old Brute Chopper.
You also went for the Plasmaverse?

eliteslayer4915 wrote:
Joescibelli wrote:I used to love the Plasmaverse but i got into collecting Mega Bloks sets (like actively collecting, not just buying one randomly every year or so) when my friend recommended the line to me and I got the old Brute Chopper.
You also went for the Plasmaverse?
I remember having Plasma Castle, Plasma Tech, and some of the other lesser-known things like their monster line. I also loved King Arthur, which was not connected to the Plasmaverse.

I was excited when I first learned of the Halo line for Mega Bloks. I was already an adult, 22 or so and didn't think I was supposed to get into that sort of thing.

Well in 2011 my wife bought me the troop transport Warthog as my first set. It was and still is awesome. I didn't start dabbling in again until we learned of the blind bags near the end of series 9. Started with just collecting the blind bags but once my 4 year old son started having fun playing with me I started getting a little crazy with it and now have a decently sized collection.

In only into the Halo line mainly because of money and space. Would love to buy the Cod and turtles lines too.

Cuzz35 wrote:I was excited when I first learned of the Halo line for Mega Bloks. I was already an adult, 22 or so and didn't think I was supposed to get into that sort of thing.

Well in 2011 my wife bought me the troop transport Warthog as my first set. It was and still is awesome. I didn't start dabbling in again until we learned of the blind bags near the end of series 9. Started with just collecting the blind bags but once my 4 year old son started having fun playing with me I started getting a little crazy with it and now have a decently sized collection.

In only into the Halo line mainly because of money and space. Would love to buy the Cod and turtles lines too.

THAT is awesome. I look forward to that time myself. It's one thin to appreciate a quality product yourself but to actually have a little guy that enjoys them as well is happiness at another level.

Assassinater117 wrote:Sounds great eliteslayer and Johnny5 by the way this is a bit off topic but you two thought much about the brick wars thing that omega did? I think it would be cool to somehow do something like that (got no friends who have mb over here my other friend moved away) so yeah tell me what you think?
None of my friends collect Mega Bloks either. The battles that I've hosted are ones where I had to provide all the figures. I made a pool of pre generated troops that the players got to draft pick from to build their force up to a predetermined point limit. If you try something lime that with your friends that like table top war gaming you may get them into collecting as well.

It all started when I got a play set for Christmas. Legends Lion's Kingdom It was awful, There were so many cool things about it like the weapons and other accessories. I still have many of them still today. I had to quickly replace the figures with [competitor] . The blocks didnt mix well with other brands and were only good for making walls with themselves.

Mega Bloks have always been in my life and I have always appreciated what they did. They really impressed me with the mini figures starting with the halo. CoD is what has convinced me to move from [competitor]. When people ask why I tell them they're mini block compatible GI Joes. Perfect for cool little dioramas on my desk.

I cant include a pick of the set even though I had one. It was so long ago Mega didn't have a website yet.

Mrhank wrote: I cant include a pick of the set even though I had one. It was so long ago Mega didn't have a website yet.
Looked it up on Google images, that's a pretty big set.

i remember the blind bags got me started but the cryo bay and crimson/egal squads got me hoked .But then the elephant!!!!

Community Team
Those are some great stories :D

I personally got into Mega Bloks with the Wold of Warcraft line :D I still have a few.

Do you guys still have your original sets?

Return to “General discussion”