[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Pokemon: Ideas for future development - Page 2 - Community

Pokemon: Ideas for future development

General news and information related to Mega Construx
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:21 am
Hey don't mean to rain on your parade but external links are not aloud.
Oh shoot, apologies. What counts as an external link? Sorry, I'm new here

Shadow_king wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:23 am
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Anything that's on the site is not an external link, everything else is.

TheRealBoo101 wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 7:11 pm
Shadow_king wrote:
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Oh okay, so essentially we can't mention anything from other websites such as the one I mentioned before?

Shadow_king wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:13 pm
TheRealBoo101 wrote:
Shadow_king wrote:

Oh okay, so essentially we can't mention anything from other websites such as the one I mentioned before?
No, sorry, it is a real bummer for everyone else to so, your not alone if you feel disappointed.

TheRealBoo101 wrote:
Sun Aug 26, 2018 8:18 am
Shadow_king wrote:
Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:13 pm
TheRealBoo101 wrote:

No, sorry, it is a real bummer for everyone else to so, your not alone if you feel disappointed.
That's alright, its a little saddening but its not the end of the World. Thank you for letting me know though, I'd hate for any good ideas shared here to be ignored just because we broke a rule we were unaware of

Another couple of ideas I had:

Could we perhaps get a battle set with all current Eeveelutions in it? I wouldn't mind it being a little pricey, as I know that's a lot of pokemon to ask for, but I really think it could be a strong seller based on the love the Eeveelutions get. Especially with larger battle packs like the Onix pack coming out, us collectors are a little more receptive to a higher price point if there's a good number of pokemon involved without a ton of re-release pokemon being packed in. Although for the sake of this battle pack idea, I think packing in an Eevee is rational and totally acceptable even if it is a re-release if Mega would like to do so.

On the topic of battle packs:
Maybe next year at some point we could get a sequel to the Onix battle pack with the evolved forms of each of the pokemon in the Onix pack included? This would mean Steelix, Starmie, Raichu, Persian, Porygon 2, and Arbok. A few of these pokemon (Steelix and Arbok) would only require some minor redesigns of their pre-evolutionary counterparts, and therefore would (hopefully) be less expensive and time consuming to design. Since none of these pokemon would be re-releases (assuming they aren't released prior to this), collectors would likely be very receptive to this as one of the chief complaints from the collectors' standpoint has been the re-releasing of several pokemon throughout the larger sets. If I may though, since I imagine there will be a Raichu release in the near future, I have an idea to tweak this battle pack. Early descriptions of the Onix pack stated that Koffing would be included, but obviously Koffing has been replaced by Porygon. I'm still incredibly excited to see Porygon released, and I would love to see Mega's take on Porygon 2. If I might make a suggestion however, I think it would be a cool idea to release Koffing on its own in one of the future waves of pokeballs. This would create the opportunity to release Wheezing in the hypothetical Steelix battle pack, and perhaps leave Raichu out since it will likely be in the hands of many collectors prior to that pack's release. I believe many collectors would be willing to accept a price increase above the Onix set on this theoretical battle pack given that the evolved forms of the previous Onix pack's pokemon would be larger and require more pieces. Mega has always been pretty fair with their piece to price ratio, so as long as the Steelix pack's price isn't outlandishly higher than the Onix set I think collectors would be receptive to this purely on the basis that it would give us a TON of new pokemon.

Any thoughts or opinions on these ideas?

Further Ideas:

Regiice: Relatively easy to get the shaping right, could use some of Mega's awesome translucent pieces

Regirock: More difficult to shape, but the arms could have similar structure to Onix's body. The main task here would be designing the body

Registeel: Essentially a Giant ball shape, which Mega has done well plenty of times before. The arms and legs would be easy to do.

These would only need to be mid sized sets, perhaps of similar piece count and price to Blastoise. Regigas could be an option for Mega to pursue as well, but it would be more complicated to build and a larger set. I'd love to see Regigas if Mega is up to taking it on though!

The Regi's would be a very cool concept to have. As you said likely the size of MewTwo, Taller than Charmander. And Regigigas is fairly large at 12 feet tall he should tower above most of the standing Pokemon we have right now. I believe Dragonite is like 7 or 8 feet.

Return to “General discussion”