[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Any Thoughts On Changing Height of Infinite Marines? - Page 2 - Community

Any Thoughts On Changing Height of Infinite Marines?

Got a question? Ask it here!
Slappy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 pm
kingcastlesieger wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:24 pm
Slappy wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 pm
They should of made the Spartans bigger fro the get-go.......
They can't change the past.
yes, but you can change the future and not repeat the past, u goof
Then people would have a mix of taller spartans that they get annoyed by because the old ones are shorter , just like how people are acting with the marines

Slappy wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 pm
kingcastlesieger wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:24 pm
Slappy wrote:
Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:49 pm
They should of made the Spartans bigger fro the get-go.......
They can't change the past.
yes, but you can change the future and not repeat the past, u goof
I do agree that they should change it, but it takes time to implement a change like that.

Community Team
Let's remember to respect each other's opinions and not to engage with arguments.

Well hey Mega listened and scaled down the Marines slightly now.

Alas, the new upper legs are a poor replacement in my opinion - the color is off and they don't sit flush with the rest of the leg so that there's small permanent knee bending without filing the knees down on the upper leg. I'm honestly a smidge disappointed and may need to source some tall legs for my Platoon Pack.

Elemaster wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:30 am
Alas, the new upper legs are a poor replacement in my opinion - the color is off and they don't sit flush with the rest of the leg so that there's small permanent knee bending without filing the knees down on the upper leg. I'm honestly a smidge disappointed and may need to source some tall legs for my Platoon Pack.
Really? Dang

Elemaster wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:30 am
It do really be looking like that. I’ve already dug our all my spare cod thighs in the same colour.

This whole situation with marine legs is a prime example of why it's impossible to please everyone.

People have been saying for years they wanted a consolidation of the Halo and CoD scales, and set designers wanted to offer more customiseability options for marines. What that happened, it made the marines too tall for some people's tastes, so they demanded the scale be changed back. Now that Mega has gone and done that, folks aren't happy with the shorter legs.

I understand everyone's reasons for feeling the way they do, I'm not trying to condemn or criticise anyone by saying this, but it's a great showcase of just how difficult it is to cater to everyone's ideal version of something.

Meanwhile, I mix my scales and parts all the time, so this doesn't make a lick of difference to me. Short legs or long, all are sacrificial fodder at my dark altar of customisation.

I think if they stuck to smaller legs in the first place there wouldn't be this issue. Some previous Halo figures have had leg straightening issues in the past and the two toning could have been seen as a design choice. But starting long and going shorter, it just makes the differences more stark.

I dunno, maybe the shorter leg issues is just a first test run kind of thing and it'll get fixed in later sets. Personally, I've gotten used to the taller Marines but I won't fuss if they get shorter

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”