[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
How did you get into collecting MB? - Page 11 - Community

How did you get into collecting MB?

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I was a major [competitor] fan, I'll I asked for gifts was that, now I have at least 1000+ bricks from them, my first time with mega bloks was the Iron man one figure sets at my local Walgreens, what got me into mega was the WoW line, and Call of Duty line.

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:35 pm
I've broken so many hands and even a machine gun tripod
Me too man, me too.

I'm a converted Leg@ fan. Growing up in Europe it was the best but also the most expensive toy you could get. Fell in my building dark ages during my teens but when the newer designed City series came out after the company's restructuring, I started building again. My first Mega set was the Halo original rocket hog versus the ghost. Even then, the far more detailed and articulated figures were neater than the leading competition. Combine that with nostalgia feels from playing Halo, a great value for the money and I was easily won over. I remember when Mega was making stuff that was barely holding together and I would cringe to find their pieces in bulk lots of LEg@ I would buy. Now I'm selling the competition bricks to get more mega blocks/construx. How far things have come...

vsg001 wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:19 pm
I'm a converted Leg@ fan. Growing up in Europe it was the best but also the most expensive toy you could get. Fell in my building dark ages during my teens but when the newer designed City series came out after the company's restructuring, I started building again. My first Mega set was the Halo original rocket hog versus the ghost. Even then, the far more detailed and articulated figures were neater than the leading competition. Combine that with nostalgia feels from playing Halo, a great value for the money and I was easily won over. I remember when Mega was making stuff that was barely holding together and I would cringe to find their pieces in bulk lots of LEg@ I would buy. Now I'm selling the competition bricks to get more mega blocks/construx. How far things have come...
Most of us are converted. If you look at it, Mega isn't that old, 2 dozen years max, compared to their biggest competitor, L3go with about 80 years.
And us Europeans don't have many MCX sets, I remember that there were more back in the day than even now.

Survivor11 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:52 pm
vsg001 wrote:
Most of us are converted. If you look at it, Mega isn't that old, 2 dozen years max, compared to their biggest competitor, L3go with about 80 years.
And us Europeans don't have many MCX sets, I remember that there were more back in the day than even now.
You are probably 100% correct. On both accounts. The blue series was exsclusively over seas. As to being converted over, that me. I was a die hard Iego star wars fan. I swapped to mega because at the time of getting my first figs via a trade with a mate. He was calling them Halo Iego figures. Went in the store to buy a set and spent 3 minutes scouing the Iego ieal for them to find them in the next one over under mega bloks. I said why not and picked a few up. That arctic rocket hog set with the ghost was just pure *** Tier value. Man i remeber thouse days so foundly. When all of like 8 human figs between 3 colors were charished wile a mear 4 covis had to fight them off. Heck i still have most of my series 1 elites in good condition. funny thing is you can tell the differense between them and there later counter parts due to the plastic. The orginal they started out with was glossier with them shortly after swapping to a matt.

Admiral-Sabree wrote:
Tue Oct 30, 2018 7:00 am
Survivor11 wrote:
Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:52 pm
vsg001 wrote:
You are probably 100% correct. On both accounts. The blue series was exsclusively over seas. As to being converted over, that me. I was a die hard Iego star wars fan. I swapped to mega because at the time of getting my first figs via a trade with a mate. He was calling them Halo Iego figures. Went in the store to buy a set and spent 3 minutes scouing the Iego ieal for them to find them in the next one over under mega bloks. I said why not and picked a few up. That arctic rocket hog set with the ghost was just pure *** Tier value. Man i remeber thouse days so foundly. When all of like 8 human figs between 3 colors were charished wile a mear 4 covis had to fight them off. Heck i still have most of my series 1 elites in good condition. funny thing is you can tell the differense between them and there later counter parts due to the plastic. The orginal they started out with was glossier with them shortly after swapping to a matt.
Why is it that the Arctic Rocket Hog is the first set for everyone??!
Seems like a mighty coincidence.

Probably because it was 20 bucks for 2 vehicles and 3 figures. You couldn't go wrong with how cheep the set was.

TheRealBoo101 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:28 am
I was a major [competitor] fan, I'll I asked for gifts was that, now I have at least 1000+ bricks from them, my first time with mega bloks was the Iron man one figure sets at my local Walgreens, what got me into mega was the WoW line, and Call of Duty line.
Yeah, same story. Iron Man sets got me into Mega alongside Halo, and then CoD and now i have a few hundred figs.

TheRealBoo101 wrote:
Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:25 pm
Rogue-Elite wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:35 pm
I've broken so many hands and even a machine gun tripod
Me too man, me too.
So many broken hands. Even a forge broken hand.

I have a broken chain gun tri pod too.

Return to “General discussion”