[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc.. - Page 13 - Community

IDEAS & SUGGESTIONS: Sets, Characters, Packs, Brands etc..

General news and information related to Mega Construx
omegabob wrote:A friend of mine is working on a rule set that we've tried with Call of Duty figs and block built terrain (some pictures on my Flickr page but you have to scroll down a ways). We've got another test coming up this weekend, I'll post some pictures in the Fan Gallery afterwards.
If they are all approved there will be a Welcome to Nuketown Pregame, part 1 , part 2 and part 3 series of pictures posted of the game we played on Saturday (10/10). The player that won was the one that was able to take out all the drones (and most the zombies) in his quadrant before getting to the objective.

omegabob wrote:If they are all approved there will be a Welcome to Nuketown Pregame, part 1 , part 2 and part 3 series of pictures posted of the game we played on Saturday (10/10)
They have been approved.

You could also create a thread in the role play section and embed them with more details.
I'd be interested in reading how it all went down, maybe others would also?

jonnyfiyve wrote:
omegabob wrote:If they are all approved there will be a Welcome to Nuketown Pregame, part 1 , part 2 and part 3 series of pictures posted of the game we played on Saturday (10/10)
They have been approved.

You could also create a thread in the role play section and embed them with more details.
I'd be interested in reading how it all went down, maybe others would also?
I should have taken some notes on the play by play ... lol
The short version is that at first the drones gave the player a tough time of it. Two players had to drop out because of other obligations. One player lucked out because some of the drones got in each other's way and couldn't shoot. The other player that stayed hit a run of bad luck when one of the super zombies took out 4-5 of his guys in a row when they tried to swarm it.
When I get some more time i'll do a more "colorful" description of the events as I (who ran the zombies and drones) remeber it.

omegabob wrote:
STan94 wrote:Great idea with the Command and Conquer line. I've only ever played Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge so I found those the dearest to me.

I used to summon thousands of Soviet conscripts as cannon fodder. Good times but probably won't make a "politically correct" toyline for today's times.
I would say, "Thankfully Mega Bloks isn't Big L so political correctness isn't an issue" but we haven't seen any German troops (or Tanks) in the WWII line.
Well, they seem so caught up with Halo and the Call of Duty games right that I think they just don't have time right now. And with a new Assassin's Creed game coming up I don't think we'll be seeing any WW2 stuff anytime soon unless of course Call of Duty returns to its' roots, that is WW2 themed stuff. I can't blame them though, it's just good business.

STan94 wrote:
omegabob wrote:
STan94 wrote:Great idea with the Command and Conquer line. I've only ever played Red Alert 2 and Yuri's Revenge so I found those the dearest to me.

I used to summon thousands of Soviet conscripts as cannon fodder. Good times but probably won't make a "politically correct" toyline for today's times.
I would say, "Thankfully Mega Bloks isn't Big L so political correctness isn't an issue" but we haven't seen any German troops (or Tanks) in the WWII line.
Well, they seem so caught up with Halo and the Call of Duty games right that I think they just don't have time right now. And with a new Assassin's Creed game coming up I don't think we'll be seeing any WW2 stuff anytime soon unless of course Call of Duty returns to its' roots, that is WW2 themed stuff. I can't blame them though, it's just good business.
Um no WW2 anytime soon? Um the new Sherman tank, motorcycle and troop packs anyone?

I think a line based off the Battleship movie would be cool

I don't know if anyone has suggested it yet, but if Mega could obtain rights to Avatar, that would be awesome. I'd especially love to get my hands on the Sampson and the Scorpion. And the Na'vi stuff would be really cool to have, too.

DevilDoll wrote:I don't know if anyone has suggested it yet, but if Mega could obtain rights to Avatar, that would be awesome. I'd especially love to get my hands on the Sampson and the Scorpion. And the Na'vi stuff would be really cool to have, too.
I've seen the movie in theatres, really awesome story line written by Nat Geo Explorer in Residence and deep sea diver James Cameron. Though the tech looked a lot like something from Halo

It's completely coincidental that I thought of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness now that Halloween is almost here. I was playing the mobile game adaptation of the movie and noticed the Mega Blok-like structure of the characters. In the game. I think its cool for a "signature series", is that what people call it?

STan94 wrote:It's completely coincidental that I thought of Evil Dead/Army of Darkness now that Halloween is almost here. I was playing the mobile game adaptation of the movie and noticed the Mega Blok-like structure of the characters. In the game. I think its cool for a "signature series", is that what people call it?
Yes the biggest sets are referred to as signature series (Halo has had the Forward Unto Dawn (which looked more like the infinity), Mammoth and a Scarab, COD has had the Hovercraft.) basically these sets are so big and the price gap between them and the regular line is big that they have to be called a signature series set - it sounds a lot better than [competitor]'s version "Ultimate Collector Sets (UCS)"

Return to “General discussion”