[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Wasteland: Nigel’s Post-Apocalyptic Story - Page 121 - Community

Wasteland: Nigel’s Post-Apocalyptic Story

Tell your own story!
SpartanKaze wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:16 am
SpartanKaze wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 3:31 pm
Just gonna point out that in Story of a Wastelander, a GUNSHOT sounded, while the masked guy was about to kill Mega with a SWORD.
Probably could have just commented on the comic, but thanks for the observation.
Yeah, I did, but I only realized my theory after the post was stale, so I left a comment and posted it on the forum too.
[/quote]

Cool, glad to have constructive criticism.

Well, in preparation for whatever comes next, here's a lil' something to round my little writer's trilogy out.

Wasteland: Trust

Mega drummed his fingers on the cold metal of the bar table, before glancing around once more. Vera had never been late before.

Maybe … she just wasn't feeling it tonight? He thought to himself, before someone sat in front of him. He blinked, and cracked a smile as he realized it the girl in question.

"Hey, you! I was starting to get worried!" He teased, before waving over Thorn. "Two of the usual, please!"

"I'm good, actually." Vera muttered, avoiding eye-contact with the Wastelander as she spoke. He quirked an eyebrow, but motioned to Thorn to only make one before turning back to his mutant friend, a concerned frown on his face.

"Hey, are you ok?" He asked, his genuine concern making Vera flush slightly, finally meeting his gaze. "Did something happen?"

"Um … n-no." She answered quickly, before sighing and rubbing her left arm gingerly. "Well, kinda? It's not important, someone just said something to mess with my head, that's all."

"Oh? Anyone I know?" Mega asked, a noticeable edge of aggression to his voice surprising Vera, who quickly shrugged.

"I, uh, didn't get a name." She admitted. "But she had a black ... cloak? Dress thing?"

"Ugh, her." Mega groaned, rolling his eyes pointedly and surprising Vera once more.

"You know her?"

"Unfortunately." He confirmed, before thanking Thorn for his drink. "Yeah, she's part of the PHU. Real pain in the a-er, rear."

"Yeah, I certainly got that." Vera snarked, making her friend laugh in response.

"So what'd she say to get you all broody?" Mega asked, taking a swig of his drink. He noticed the way Vera tensed at the question, and the way she turned away from him, but he didn't comment.

"Oh … she just tried to recruit me into the PHU." She answered, before her voice lowered to a whisper. "And ... she said I couldn't … "

"Couldn't what?"

" … trust you."

A silence fell over the bar at Vera's admission, with her gaze still locked on the wall behind the bar, desperately trying to ignore the way Mega had tensed at her words, and how he had set down his glass and was now facing her.

"Do you?"

Vera's curiosity won out and she turned, coming face to face with the unnaturally stoic expression of her first true friend.

"Do you trust me, Vera?" He asked again, an inking of desperation present this time. "Please, tell me the truth."

"Yes."

The answer was definitive, the sound practically comparable to a gunshot in the silent bar. Mega stared a few moments longer, before his lips quirked up into a relived grin.

"Alright. Good to know you got faith in me, V." He thanked, before a serious look entered his eyes. "And just so we're clear; you don't owe me anything. I got your back, one-hundred percent. Pinky promise."

Vera's heart still thundered in her chest, but her former panic and fear had morphed into gratitude and … something else.

"Mega, I-"

"Hey, Mega!" A voice rang out from the entrance, catching both the tenants attention. Boo stood at the entrance, flanked by two mutants and wearing an amused expression. "I hate to pull you away from your girlfriend, but Joe needs us to fix a generator on the far side of the of the mountain."

"Ugh, fine!" He replied, before taking a final sip of his drink and shooting Vera a smirk. "We'll talk when I get back. See you soon?"

"Uh, yeah." Vera confirmed, offering a small smile in return. "See you then."

Mega nodded, and walked over to Boo, telling him to, "Stop smirking!" all the while. As the team left, Vera turned back to the bar and took a deep breath. Everything was going to be ok.

She'd just talk to Mega when he got back.

Chronologically, Parts 1 and 2 come before Mega's piece above.

Parts 3 and beyond take place afterwards.

Mr. Pand your email has been answered. Apologies for the delay!

nigelninja11 wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:24 pm
Mr. Pand your email has been answered. Apologies for the delay!
No worries, though you might want to check my reply ;)

Hey @nigelninja11 is it cool If I make a few pics relating to wasteland?

I have updated the main post once again. Those of you who might want to use the Scrapper’s should check it out.

When was the “Perfection” radio station made? I like it.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:56 pm
When was the “Perfection” radio station made? I like it.
Two weeks ago, I’m going to use it to enter, and exit the seasons.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”