[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Tips for fighting dust - Page 3 - Community

Tips for fighting dust

General news and information related to Mega Construx
I stick all of my figs and smaller sets in boxes and crates. To get rid of dust take a damp rag and run it over your displayed sets once or twice a month.

Use compressed air. Don't worry about stickers pealing unless your in a humid environment. Wash small sets under water. All new sets are printed parts so take the hole thing and simply wash them off outside. (This works well for the spirit for example)

I just use a big paint brush. It works for me.

TimberWolf646 wrote:I just use a big paint brush. It works for me.

Same here, but it has to be really soft.

Spartanz19 wrote:
TimberWolf646 wrote:I just use a big paint brush. It works for me.
Same here, but it has to be really soft.
Yes, I bought one just for the job.

I have mine on pushpin shelves. I am often posing and fiddling with my sets so that helps keep the dust at bay. If I see a layer of dust start to creep up I just take my sets down brush them off with a soft brush and wipe the shelf they were on. Doing this twice a month really keeps things tidy.

I also tend to not let sunlight get into too much of my display area either and allow for air to circulate as best I can every weekend.

Its not much help, but I keep a variety of different sized paintbrushes near my collection, they are amazing for getting in dusty little cracks on my models when cleaning them. I understand that this is not a long time fix, but its perfect for a quick and effective clean.
hope this helps on the war on dust!

Use caned air or a duster

don't remember if I said anything here? Water works on the newer models since they have no sticker decals but the older stuff needs to be hand dusted or have compressed air used on them to preserve the stickers.

I just use a small brush. Yup, just a small brush.

Return to “General discussion”