[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Signal-to-Noise Ratio on the MCX Gallery… - Page 3 - Community

Signal-to-Noise Ratio on the MCX Gallery…

General news and information related to Mega Construx
nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:57 am
Simek4 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:54 am
nigelninja11 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 9:19 am

The Gallery isn’t near as bad as it was a year ago.
That is true, but there were massive issues on the gallery a few months ago regarding spam. Remember?
I remember, but that was still months ago, which is like a year in Gallery time.
Yea, haha!

VinceHoffman wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:42 am
So I’m gonna be “that guy” ‘cuz well, I’m just that guy. Lately a few others have attempted to gently point out how cluttered the MCX Gallery has become with single pic posts of decidedly limited interest and creative merit. To be blunt many of these posts simply appear to be an excuse to win some sort of race to 100, 500, even a 1000 Gallery posts. You know who you are. The same folks that have effectively broken the Gallery’s filters by spamming every single pic submission with every theme and project category tag despite the majority of the tags being completely irrelevant. I’m sure that someone interested in Crystal Creatures really wants to be assailed by a zillion Halo and COD based meme pics…

The MCX Gallery has become a triumph of quantity over quality over the past couple of years. The end result seems to be that many of the users that once contributed the most compelling Gallery content have abandoned it. This makes me sad. There is even a recent (rather ironic) forum thread here where many of those most responsible for the spamming of the MCX Gallery are wondering why so many of the most interesting builders have disappeared. Folks when the submissions which members have clearly put some effort into are being drowned 50-to1 in a sea of limited interest, minimal effort spam… What did you think would happen?

So how about exercising a little self control in the Gallery? Perhaps refrain from posting a project until you have spent sufficient time working on it that you are actually proud of it. Only tag a gallery submission with the themes and project categories directly relevant to your effort. And restrict the endless flow of limited interest meme posts/pics to PMs on other sites or on a private Facebook page you invite your MCX Gallery buddies to.

Lets all work to make the MCX Gallery great again!
I think I know what the problem is. Back in the day, pretty much the only users were adults with pretty good cameras and a funding source. Nowadays, most frequent posters are either in their young teens or younger without a camera or regular funding. Their only options are to post all of their ideas with old, low quality phone cameras.

Listen, there’s nothing wrong with your guys’ creativity, but it isn’t exactly the level that it used to be, now that most users are so young. It’s just a natural phase of the gallery and the brand attracting younger and younger audiences.

*Insert grandpa grumble here*

*Insert even granpaier grumblier, grumble here*

(Insert middle age grumble)

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:27 pm
(Insert middle age grumble)
(insert mid-twenties mutter)

Simek4 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:35 pm
*insert baby gurgle*
XD

(Insert dead goat noises)