[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
The Imperial Campaign: Fallen Empire - Page 21 - Community

The Imperial Campaign: Fallen Empire

Tell your own story!
Hex suddenly awakened with a gasp. Everything was pitch black, and she was stuck in a weak, light barrier. There wasn't any clear way of opening it, so she punched straight through it. Apparently she was stuffed inside a far too small body bag. Instantly the the rain spritzed across her visor and she saw where she was. Body bags surrounded her as the road flew away behind her. She was on a vehicle of some sorts. Blood was everywhere on her. The gaping hole in her chest was quite concerning, but she quickly grabbed the emergency biofoam canister off her waist.

Her survival was a mystery, until she remembered that Dr. Arcadia had outfitted the team with "vital maskers." They would hide the status of the user's vitals when enough damage was dealt to the user, while conveniently depriving them of consciousness for roughly 30 to 70 minutes.

The biofoam did its job and the hole had been filled. Hex jumped off the back of the truck empty-handed and set off to find the Red Eagle army, or what was left of it.

A VISR glowed faintly in the darkness.
The darkness encompassed it and nothing moved.
Not even a breeze.
It was as if a void surrounded it.
The VISR slowly got closer. And closer. And even closer.
It got so close that you could almost touch it.
And that's when he realised he was alive.
He could hear nothing, and all he could see was the void and that VISR.
He slowed his breath.
At least, he thought it was his breath.
Wait, what even was breathing?
He realised he has no concept of some of the words he was thinking.
The VISR suddenly smashed into him and he reeled back, surprised and feeling the tongue of the impact.
He had closed his eyes on instinct and now he was somewhere else.
There was no breeze, rather a motionless plain.
The tall grass did not move nor did the flowers.
It seemed so alive... Yet so dead.
There was a sun but it looked... Fake?
He advanced, or at least he thought he was moving.
The ground was changing as he progressed further.
It slowly became scorched until it turned to... Molten rock... Glass.

The world went black.

Wake up.

Faint voices cried out at him from the darkness, almost in desperation.
His eyes flicked open.

"I thought we lost you for a sec."

"What happened?"

"You just collapsed. Probably the trauma of having had a knife through your skull."

-011 nodded and pushed himself back up, ignoring any pain that announced itself.

"Biofoam?"

"Affirmative." Angel sprayed a can.

"We need to move." Lucky spoke out.

The entire group walked out of the battered remains of the room in which they had confronted the clones.

"Destination?"

"Is there a nuclear reactor?"

"... Yes, there is- no, we are not doing that."

"I don't think we have a choice. We need to destroy the copies immediately."

"The blast won't affect them much so long as they're fully clad."

"*** it. We're out of options."

"Best bet is to leave and live to fight another day."

"Fine. Do we have ships in orbit?"

"Yes, however I'd say they're occupied."

"Well, we find a way up then."

"Pelican?"

"Anything."

Rogue-Elite wrote:
Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:57 am
No, it's over.
I'm trying to end it with a well rounded cliffhanger, not with a messy excuse.
That's why I'm posting a couple more parts.

Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:54 am
Rogue-Elite wrote:
No, it's over.
I was going to end it with a pretty catastrophic end that could easily explain alternate universes and how our characters show up in multiple stories.

Spartanz19 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:30 pm
Survivor11 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:54 am
Rogue-Elite wrote:
No, it's over.
I was going to end it with a pretty catastrophic end that could easily explain alternate universes and how our characters show up in multiple stories.
So a well rounded cliffhanger.

IMPERIAL CAMPAIGN FINALE, PART 1

Z19 sighed as the never-ending rain drizzled over his visor. The night was almost over, just 17 more earth days and the dual suns would show their orange light again. But there was no time to think about this. Z19 was entitled to protect the delicate flower that was Ava. His best friend's dying request was for him to take his upmost care of her. Heck, he had already started imagining running away from the hectic disaster that this war was. Just grab Hex and Ava and run for it. Land on a desolate planet and live the rest of their lives there. But that wasn't for now. After all--

SNAP

"What was that?"

Z19 stood motionless, meanwhile Ava did the same. Radar showed nothing, but you can never be too sure. Suddenly it was followed by another crack, this time far more mechanical. Then another, and another: each coming faster than the last.

23 KILOS SOUTHEAST

"Sir! The vortex is almost ready!"

The second officer yelled out as the spinning, blue portal swirled underneath the control tower. The main commanding officer of the base walked through the airlock doors and ordered for the kilometer wide circle to be given maximum power. The machine shrieked as it strained under the pressure that it was far unequipped to hold.

"Sir! The artificial gravity flux is folding! The systems are failing!"

"Stand down, even if we die through this process, the entire fleet will be able to get here in hours."

Suddenly, the vortex shot a beam into the atmosphere. The entire planet shook and quivered as if it were burst into two. A fiery red circle erupted in the sky as the vortex created a portal for the UNSC fleet. The machine was only meant for several ships at a time, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Hmm.
This does give me something to work with.

Return to “Roleplay & Fanfiction”