[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 80: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/ext/mega/pbj/event/main.php on line 81: implode(): Invalid arguments passed
Graphic Violence rule - Page 4 - Community

Graphic Violence rule

Got a question? Ask it here!
I don't know if there are any hard and fast rules. My comics have had a few spots of nasty violence every now and again, and it's really come down to trial and error to figure out which stuff is okay, and what isn't.

Jason397a wrote:Just a quick question. How graphic can something be? Are you allowed to cause certain kinds of harm (breaking limbs, for example) and if we can't how can we approach this problem in a better way? Its just that my story needs some good fights, but I'm not sure where I'm crossing the boundary.
When uploading a video or photo look at the bottom of the form.
You will see a link to the upload guidelines. If you follow those rules you will be fine.

As for specifics to the graphic violence rule.
Stay away from hanging, burning alive, excessive blood, beheading, etc...

Hope this helps.

NatoGreavesy wrote:I don't know if there are any hard and fast rules. My comics have had a few spots of nasty violence every now and again, and it's really come down to trial and error to figure out which stuff is okay, and what isn't.
As a general rule it might be safe to say that cartoon violence is acceptable but violence that you see in horror films is not.
If you drop a piano on a spartan and all his limbs fall off that's probably ok.
If you decapitated a spartan and leave him in a pool of blood and guts that definitely not ok.

What if you drop a pool table full of guts and blood onto a Spartan.?

Jason-101 wrote:What if you drop a pool table full of guts and blood onto a Spartan.?
Ooooooooh...

cartoon violence and horror violence.....

Jason-101 wrote:What if you drop a pool table full of guts and blood onto a Spartan.?
I'd say
pool table = ok
the rest not ok

Silenttakedown wrote:
Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:04 pm
easy, i don't notice all the blood, step 1, close your eyes, step 2, go to your happy place, step 3, have a machine gun, such as an XM16E1,patriot, or M63. step 4, aim down. final step, shoot endlessly then you'll murder everything.
after all that imagine its tomato sauce everywhere

Decapitation = yes
Red tiles for blood = yes
Tomato sauce = no
fake blood = no
REAL blood = NEVER!!

charliebucket wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:09 pm
Decapitation = yes Red tiles for blood = yes Tomato sauce = no fake blood = no REAL blood = NEVER!!
idk I've been moderate on gore on purpose. I mean we could have arms get ripped off and solders blown in half with red bricks spraying everywhere but I don't think they would allow that. They defiantly would not allow say a room painted in red bricks so bad that your Spartan character slips on the red bricks and is covered.. in red bricks, with a pile of dismembered and mutilated corpses in the corner, buuuuuuuuuut it would technically adhere to the rule if its ALL bricks as the guild lines say the use of red BRICKS ;] is ok.

Return to “Ask Mega Construx”